ASA question...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FishandFly said:
Regarding the possibility suggested that you may never upgrade, about half of our pilots are negative about the future of ASA, the other half are quite optimistic.

Attrition is increasing. (hopefully by the people who complain so much)
Every pilot who has ever come to work at ASA was a happy employee they day they were hired. They were optimistic, hopeful and excited to be here.

What you should wonder is, why did they change?

My best guess is that there are many people who have not walked in the shoes of someone who is truly in need, or if they have, they have forgotten what it was like. Not that I have, but I can imagine that those who complain about our problems have no problems compared to others in the world.

Grandma told me long ago that ever since she made it out of germany with her life she vowed to not complain again.

Well any way, my computer is acting slow, my internet is freezing up, the temperature in my apartment is a little too cold, my neighbors have their music to high, and I didn't get to eat tonight... Time to go to bed for an early duty in tomorrow.

FishandFly said:
Well any way, my computer is acting slow, my internet is freezing up, the temperature in my apartment is a little too cold, my neighbors have their music to high, and I didn't get to eat tonight... Time to go to bed for an early duty in tomorrow.
But you're not complaining, right? ;) Seriously though, good for you. The right attitude is key to happiness in any job, and in life. Sometimes, those of us who seem to complain all the time are just trying to be aware and make others aware of the inherent inequities in the system. Many of us are just trying to make things better. Oh, and also complaining is fun.:)

Every pilot who has ever come to work at ASA was a happy employee they day they were hired. They were optimistic, hopeful and excited to be here.

What you should wonder is, why did they change?

Could it be seeing the flying going more and more to Contract carriers? Having Management say one thing and then do another? Could it be that the Airline that ownes you keeps giving you the impression that you are too expencive and they would be better off without you?

I don't know if this applies to ASA, but it sure did at Piedmont.

The most junior pilot on the list at ASA is 1731, saw the list last week in FSI. He was hired on to the ATR. There were 11 pilots in that class that started 2 weeks ago today with another 12 starting indoc. today. 20-25 a month for the forseeable future as that is all our training dept. can handle because of upgrades.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back