• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Premium Pay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
According to SH, pairings will not change for April. ASA is becoming the new Mesa. Delta has set the rate below what ASA can be profitable due to our high costs. Now, they must run it to the bare bone minimum and be cheap everywhere! They won't even be able to allow us to come up to Pinnacles new contract, because Pinnacle gets paid at a higher rate by Delta, so they can afford a little more. ASA cannot, and the joint contract will be a blood bath.

Look for cuts everywhere. Parts, support, urinal cakes, popcorn, seat cushions, soft pay, printer paper, crew busses, and of course.....asking for pay and work rule concessions! IT IS COMING!

Sorry, but SH is only doing his job.

Its very obvious to me his job is to start to set the tone for the upcomiing negotiation of the JCBA. He is on a mission to lower expectations and they are going to do it anyway they can.

For April on the 200, I suspect they will tweak it enough to appease those who will listen to the sob story.

This is the same crap that came up when we were in final negotiations with contract 2007.

Remember the note in the box we got from CT about how the sky was falling, and he used some Morningstar article to back his arguement.

Remember the 700's were going to be transfered to Skywest, they transfered 1.

Do not accept the story they preach and call them out any chance you can.

Did we really believe that they would just come to the table for the joint contract and say OK????

I certainly dont think we are going to get a great new contract, but Im not just going to accept what they preach.

One of the major reasons ASA is losing money this year is due to engine maint., it was stated in the last investor call. Brad Rich said straight up, that the cost will be a one time deal and profits on the plane will return this time next year for the life of the plane. Even with the rate reset.

According to SH, pairings will not change for April. ASA is becoming the new Mesa. Delta has set the rate below what ASA can be profitable due to our high costs. Now, they must run it to the bare bone minimum and be cheap everywhere! They won't even be able to allow us to come up to Pinnacles new contract, because Pinnacle gets paid at a higher rate by Delta, so they can afford a little more. ASA cannot, and the joint contract will be a blood bath.

Look for cuts everywhere. Parts, support, urinal cakes, popcorn, seat cushions, soft pay, printer paper, crew busses, and of course.....asking for pay and work rule concessions! IT IS COMING!

Oh boy, I might head to Air Mekong while waiting for the geezers to retire...

Just tellin ya what to look out for in April. More of the SUCK!

Meanwhile every ASA pilot is telling every xe pilot in the crew rooms at ord and IAD what garbage PBS is. There will be no PBS in the jcba because of the games ASA is playing with the pairings.

Great! We'll be able to waste ALL of our negotiating capital on PBS...then go back to line bidding for the same crap pairings.

Fantastic strategy.

Great! We'll be able to waste ALL of our negotiating capital on PBS...then go back to line bidding for the same crap pairings.

Fantastic strategy.

He's right! XJT will not get the same line bidding they have, and wait until they find out about red arrow days, rendering the swaps/drops useless!

I keep asking why specifically PBS has caused this. I have yet to have an answer that actually addresses the question.

Latest resources

Back