• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Premium Pay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I dont get why three or four random trips are premium while all those others are not?

Whats the logic?

They are definately short on pilots. So before they start getting desperate, they are offering time and a half on the lowest credit trips just to get our interest. Trips with just one leg pays the same (min day credit) regardless of time and a half. It's just a trick to get certain pilots to fall for it. If they did this on higher block trips, they would really be paying time and a half, and that costs too much. They are probably saving these higher block trips to be covered by reserves.

As the weekend gets near, they will be drafting to cover whatever they can. The reserves take the rest. Anything else left uncovered, they will get desperate and offer the premium pay once again with last minute emails.

In a nutshell, they are trying to keep the cosst down as much as possible. The problem is, the way they built pairings for March is biting them in the a$$. If the April pairings don't change, riots will follow.

Biting who in the a$$? I'm looking at completion factor and I'm not seeing anything out of the ordinary.

It's calme before the storm dude. I have talked to several captains who have been extended. Even my current F/O got a call at home for a draft. If they can cover all open time, then great. The whole point is to keep hourly operating costs down. But at what point does their theory of low trip credits become null? With the extentions/premimum pay, possible cancellations, and pilots flying by the book, I don't see how their logic can hold. An angry pilot group can definately kill performance.

All you folks running your mouth about the reserves who were excited to hold a line (after 3 years), bid reserve and fly a couple of THESE in a row. I double dog dare you.

What are all of these fancy colors? I don't get it...

According to SH, pairings will not change for April. ASA is becoming the new Mesa. Delta has set the rate below what ASA can be profitable due to our high costs. Now, they must run it to the bare bone minimum and be cheap everywhere! They won't even be able to allow us to come up to Pinnacles new contract, because Pinnacle gets paid at a higher rate by Delta, so they can afford a little more. ASA cannot, and the joint contract will be a blood bath.

Look for cuts everywhere. Parts, support, urinal cakes, popcorn, seat cushions, soft pay, printer paper, crew busses, and of course.....asking for pay and work rule concessions! IT IS COMING!

According to SH, pairings will not change for April. ASA is becoming the new Mesa. Delta has set the rate below what ASA can be profitable due to our high costs. Now, they must run it to the bare bone minimum and be cheap everywhere! They won't even be able to allow us to come up to Pinnacles new contract, because Pinnacle gets paid at a higher rate by Delta, so they can afford a little more. ASA cannot, and the joint contract will be a blood bath.

Look for cuts everywhere. Parts, support, urinal cakes, popcorn, seat cushions, soft pay, printer paper, crew busses, and of course.....asking for pay and work rule concessions! IT IS COMING!

If so I won't give a dime until management cuts their own costs. Why should we get paid less if they have 2 management teams doing the work of one?

They can ask all they want. When they really decide to get serious about cutting costs they will merge us with skywest and get rid of a complete set of management. Until that happens they are just trying to screw us to improve their bonuses.

Latest resources

Back