ASA Premium Pay for losers!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

maxcackel

Premium pay for trips picked up. They should post the names of anyone picking up open time when we are this short staffed with our guys and gals on the street. We need the furloughs back NOW. There is Zero 200 capt reserves available today.

It wouldn't be ASA if they didn't screw it up at least once....

Anybody else getting tired of all these rah-rah "Go-Team" messages and emails. The Brad Holt honeymoon phase is definitely ending. Company back to treating everybody like crap

Premium pay for trips picked up. They should post the names of anyone picking up open time when we are this short staffed with our guys and gals on the street. We need the furloughs back NOW. There is Zero 200 capt reserves available today.

Our union leadership has never ONCE gone on record to comment on picking up open time while we've had pilots on the street. This isn't a problem just in the summer, it has been a problem since January 1, 2009. I'd love to see our MEC or LEC reps have the balls to say don't pick it up, but they won't. We could have brought a lot of people back and more importantly upgraded some captains.

Please consider the 130+ people on the street who are trying to survive when you choose to pick up a trip for "extra" cash. People with children, mortgages, trying to make ends meet and *choose* which bills to pay this month. Not everyone falls in to the convenient stereotype of the happy-go-lucky 20 year old F.O. with nothing to lose.

Our union leadership has never ONCE gone on record to comment on picking up open time while we've had pilots on the street. This isn't a problem just in the summer, it has been a problem since January 1, 2009. I'd love to see our MEC or LEC reps have the balls to say don't pick it up, but they won't. We could have brought a lot of people back and more importantly upgraded some captains.

Your MEC wont because it would put them and the union in a real legal mess. Get the provision you want in your contract like UPS did.

I thought we were "adequately" staffed!

It was working out so well for them until they started to have to pay time and a half to get things done. Seems a little fiscally retarded if you ask me.

Btw, the "fatigued" rate is climbing. Rightfully so.

Last edited:
You have nothing to worry about in regards to this memo. It said only April 7 (which happens to be TODAY), and tomorrow. It further says that this only applies to pick up. OK, now here is the best part, there is no open time on the schedule! It has already been assigned to reserves. We never have open time inside of 72 hours. The 8th graders running the daily operation here continue to soar above the rest!

Now back to your regularly scheduled ranting.

Oh, BTW, I win for this one:

MESA SUCKS!

We should be happy this is happening, it puts us one step closer to having to recall people. But instead, in true FI fashion, we get to hear all the whining. As for posting the names of the people that pick-up, good luck, the list will be huge.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back