• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Position Notice

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Or, it could be that it saves costs somehow. Any thoughts on how assigning captains to different bases at the end of training versus at the beginning of training might save some costs?

...Concurrently with a position notice, the Company will post a
preliminary award sheet that indicates the expected results of
the final award if closed based upon the bid preference forms​
on file at the time.....

It's in the contract in black and white. Nothing new with them not following what's required, and nothing new with our steller ALPA reps not doing anything to enforce the contract. Never been very pessimistic, but I really am starting to think they're a bunch of management lackeys. Do the job you volunteered for, or get the hell out. Seems like most are just trying to pad the resume.

Good to know. Which part of the contract is that in? I'll email BM and if he doesn't do it then the reps are getting a call. Stuff like this is common courtesy, and doesn't cost any money.
Also, with 4 more 700s I'm guessing there will be about 20 more lines. Even more with PBS.

Or, it could be that it saves costs somehow. Any thoughts on how assigning captains to different bases at the end of training versus at the beginning of training might save some costs?

They can't do that. You bid a category (plane and position) for a specific base. It is awarded accordingly. They can't reassign you to another base without doing a displacement in a subsequent award.

They are obviously unsure of the required number of capt positions. As a result they just post one vacancy. Per the contract they can increase this to any number they feel appropriate. However if they posted 10 positions and then decide they only need 5, they have to cancel the bid and redo it, wasting time that they can't afford.

So I've already been extended for my two day this weekend, I haven't even dutied in yet for the trip & there are 22 peps on res that day. What crap

...Concurrently with a position notice, the Company will post a
preliminary award sheet that indicates the expected results of
the final award if closed based upon the bid preference forms​
on file at the time.....

It's in the contract in black and white. Nothing new with them not following what's required, and nothing new with our steller ALPA reps not doing anything to enforce the contract. Never been very pessimistic, but I really am starting to think they're a bunch of management lackeys. Do the job you volunteered for, or get the hell out. Seems like most are just trying to pad the resume.

Read the MOUs. That section has been superseded.

The thing about this that I don't get is the effective date. Dec 1, 2010. Really? That is 5 months away. I just don't see how they have become so smart about our future that they know we need 3 capt's in 5 months. Something about this does not pass the smell test. Don't get me wrong, I love the growth and movement. If your doing a domicile swap with no training involved, enjoy your wait.

Latest resources

Back