ASA Position Notice

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Data

What's this one all about, 1 spot for each Captain on each plane/domicile and no FO action. Shuffling or will this be another "oh, we may award more on the 700" deal?

What's this one all about, 1 spot for each Captain on each plane/domicile and no FO action. Shuffling or will this be another "oh, we may award more on the 700" deal?

Not sure, but they can put as many people in each position as they like. The number open is the minimum number, not the max. I bet they just want some flexibility in the number, and won't know the exact number they need until nearly the end of the bid.

Sorry, I couldn't resist

The Starfish Story
Original Story by: Loren Eisley

One day a man was walking along the beach when he noticed
a boy picking something up and gently throwing it into the ocean.
Approaching the boy, he asked, “What are you doing?”
The youth replied, “Throwing starfish back into the ocean.
The surf is up and the tide is going out. If I don’t throw them back, they’ll die.”
“Son,” the man said, “don’t you realize there are miles and miles of beach and hundreds of starfish?
You can’t make a difference!”
After listening politely, the boy bent down, picked up another starfish,
and threw it back into the surf. Then, smiling at the man, he said…”
I made a difference for that one.”

Maybe the needed to put it out ASAP but need to wait for the Official announcement before giving the real numbers as not to give it away. Needs to happen fast.

I think it's lame. If you are thinking about putting a bid in for something else you have no idea how many slots they may need to fill and where you would fall. If you're down towards the junior end of the captain side, it's hard to figure out where might be best for you when they do it like that. Hopefully someone over there in mangement will send out an email letting us know what's up.

My guess is that we are getting the (4) -700's at different times and they are filling slots based on them coming online after we get them into our system. Also we are adding (2) -200's from somewhere (for United) and those are to come later. Is this a way to drag out the training since all these planes aren't coming at once? Dunno just my thoughts.

BM doesn't know how to count?

Won't be the first time.

I think it's lame. If you are thinking about putting a bid in for something else you have no idea how many slots they may need to fill and where you would fall. If you're down towards the junior end of the captain side, it's hard to figure out where might be best for you when they do it like that. Hopefully someone over there in mangement will send out an email letting us know what's up.

No kidding. We really need a project bid or something. We don't even have a clue how many lines are going to be in each base with the new planes. Guess for borderline lineholder/rsv people its cross your fingers and hope for the best bid!

...Concurrently with a position notice, the Company will post a
preliminary award sheet that indicates the expected results of
the final award if closed based upon the bid preference forms​
on file at the time.....

It's in the contract in black and white. Nothing new with them not following what's required, and nothing new with our steller ALPA reps not doing anything to enforce the contract. Never been very pessimistic, but I really am starting to think they're a bunch of management lackeys. Do the job you volunteered for, or get the hell out. Seems like most are just trying to pad the resume.

Latest resources

Back