ASA pilots top 10 list

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Midnight Flyer said:
I think the point he was trying to make is to ultimately make things better for not only the pilot group, but also the passengers. Sometimes it takes us all working together to get something changed. As long as airlines have Yes-Men flying for them, then nothing will ever get changed because management knows that somebody will always be there to pick up their slack. I worked for ASA for 8 years way back when. Things were the same then as they are now. Sure, I've been stuck having to wheel a grandma upstairs because nobody came to get her for 15 minutes, however, the company knows some crewmember will always bail them out like that, so nothing will ever get changed.
The people who think this pilot has no ethics or is a disgrace are the same people who constantly bitch about how screwed up things are at ASA, then when he gets somethings changed for the better, you reap the benefits of his hard work.

Thanks.....I am not one to debate or argue so I'll leave it at this. All the things that I say don't do is not b/c I am lazy or unprofessional. I have hooked up air carts to the ATR, wheeled pax from the a/c @ concourse C to their flt @ A, I have done a lav service on an RJ, called scheduling to find a FO/Cpt/FA for the flight, called dispatch to keep the a/c for a quik turn, unloaded a while flight of bags in ALB b/c they were short, had lunch with Skip and with Fred. All these things have been in vain because the company refuses to fix their problems. I hate that pax suffer and try to minimize it when possible, but the time has come!

It's real simple.....
Don't do anything for them, since they're not doing anything for you.

If the company needs you to do something to benefit them, don't do it. Think about it, and you'll understand. I'm not saying to violate a single FAR or SP. Just think about it. They need us to do things right now (actually 100 of them before a certain deadline) to benefit them.

MedFlyer said:
Customers have complained about ASA, but DL has never cared. Even if pilots fly strictly by the rules and cause more complaints, DL won't care. Customer service is not a priority at DL...except for maybe Song.

There he goes again, blaming Delta for everything... Was this post about ASA or Delta? Next.

Lequip-

You're right, how unprofessional to expect others to do their jobs so that we don't have to. What were we thinking?

"It has to hurt if it's to heal."

rtmcfi said:
What is with this deadline? Anything to do with an IPO?

Something to do with aircraft certification and "2 kitty cats".

OK, I'll spill it.

The 100 CAT II approaches required before the next phase of certification going through is severely behind schedule. The company is close to begging us to do these monitored approaches, in order to get the CR7s certified. They have to have the 100 done prior to a certain deadline, or they can't get the CR7s certified (probably has to start over again). They've taken almost 3 years for the contract talks, so why should we rush to get these approaches done?

On Your Six said:
There he goes again, blaming Delta for everything... Was this post about ASA or Delta? Next.

Hey genius, guess who owns ASA? Delta.

If a customer has a bad experience on ASA, guess who they are going to blame? Delta.

Any ASA problem is a Delta problem as well. If Delta wanted to fix ASA, they could. It's fully within their power. They have chosen not to. ASA's management are just lame-duck puppets for Mother Delta.

Sinca3 said:
10 ways to quit helping the company:

10) Fly the profiles (a given but it isn't happening)

9) Fly the SPs (a given but it isn't happening)

8) If you need a lunch break...take it (they are not built in to the schedules
and the crews are tired of going hungry!)

7) If there is MX then write it up (again I'm not condoning stupidity here, just
write up any and all MX that is on the a/c. Don't wait until you are going
home!)

6) Stopping using cell phones! (Stop using them from the a/c and stop using
them to communicate period. They are nice for both sides but they
don't pay for them but they get the benefits)

5) Stop calling Dispatch to keep a/c (I know swapping a/c sucks and is time
consuming. The more delays we take from a/c swaps then eventually the
fewer we will have. Let them figure it out!

4) Stop calling for wheelchairs. (I know I know it is embarassing to have to
explain to the a pax why their wheelchair is taking 20+ minutes but let them
complain to Delta/ASA. Us complaing hasn't done any good now has it!)

3) Stop calling scheduling! (We can't stand their incompetance so why get
involved with it. Stop calling to "give them a heads up" or locate your
other crew members. That is their job so let them try and do it!

2) Late In Late Out! (If you are late to the overnight and have to leave late
the next day then by god do it!! You have as much time from duty in to
departure as the bid packet says which is usually 45 minutes. If the sked
says you only have 10 minutes from duty in its WRONG. Stop trying to
help!!)

1) Stop busting your hump to be on time! Safety 1st....

So the under lying theme.........Do your job and ONLY you job. The people that suffer are the customers and that sucks I know. Until the customer starts complaining to Delta/ASA then things will never change here. I am guilty of all these things above, but if 1/2 the pilot group would live by this list things would change!

Cheers

on a side note.....don't forget Flica is not an approved source of information. So those mandatory reading files really aren't mandatory!

I have a tear in my eye. It makes me almost miss my time at Comair. Good luck. If your going to fly by the book you had better know the book to protect yourself.

Sound like Faruzzi's on the war path again.

What a F'n IDIOT!!! Ever had one of those Cpt's try to prove a point while ruining your QOL?

I wouldn't have to take steps to insure my own QOL if the Co./Union would sign a contract and address to "Top 10"

That's my piece...I'm outta here

CR7

ohplease! said:
Let me see if I've got this right.....You want ME to reduce my own QOL?

ohplease!.. YOu are such a moron... no one is asking you to "reduce your QOL, all that is being asked is that you let the people hired to do a job, DO THIER FREAKING JOB!. That means wheelchair people move wheelchairs, ops orders the chairs, lavs get dumped by the catering people, (I know sounds nasty but that is who does it at ASA). These people were hired for a reason... Just because your "LEADERS" hire incompetant, lazy, worthless cheap labor, does not mean that you have to perform all the jobs at the airport.. That goes for all ASA PILOTS

ohplease! said:
Could it be that some of you cause yourselves a lot of the trouble you talk about? I just don't have all these things happen to me. That either means that 1) I'm much more special than I thought I was 2) I'm REALLY lucky or 3) doing my job well gives me pretty darn good QOL.

I'm pretty sure I know the answer. What do you think?

Pat yourself on the back, I think the answer is number one.. ohplease! you are way more special than you thought you were.. You are man! You are the NUMBER 1 ASA PILOT! Stop blushing.. Be proud.. You are MANAGEMENTS
B!TCH.. THEY LOVE YOU... YOU ARE NUMBER 1..

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back