• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Pilots Read FOM MX Reporting

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
An FA told me last night that we had an ATR with 25 stickers in the cockpit. A friend of hers had a picture of it. Whether it's doctored or not is the question.

She also told me that there were only 3 out of 12 ATRs on line yesterday. Funny, the Flowboard showed 9. It's still a 25% down rate. Not bad.

No problem too big, no problem too small,
no problem in the book, no problem at all.....

BTW, how many fuel drips/min are legal? Oil?

Cheers!

Lilah

Come on Scarlet, you know that it means that you can't ONLY tell them what's wrong on the radio, you must ALSO write it up. Of course you can give them a heads up about what you are writing up. For instance, if you are writing up a landing light, if you tell them the mechanic can bring a new bulb with him. If you don't, he has to make more than one trip, which punishes the mechanic, not the company. If I were you I would want to keep as many of the mechanics on your side as possible.

Who cares if the mechanic is "on your side" or not? What's he going to do -- not fix your airplane? Sabotage something? Take longer to get it fixed. Oh, boy that'll show me.

I'll do my job, he'll do his -- if he doesn't like it that's his problem. I'm not paid to be his friend, I'm paid to fly a safe airplane.

This is by far one of the dumbest discussions I've ever seen here. The Chuck Norris vs. The Duke thread requires more brain cells.

Who cares if the mechanic is "on your side" or not? What's he going to do -- not fix your airplane? Sabotage something? Take longer to get it fixed. Oh, boy that'll show me.

I'll do my job, he'll do his -- if he doesn't like it that's his problem. I'm not paid to be his friend, I'm paid to fly a safe airplane.

I care. Don't get me wrong, my aircraft flies with no overlooked MX, but I see no sense in making things more difficult for the mechanics when they show up to the airplane. That's why I call my discrepancies in, that's why I make sure to always offer them free reign of the galley, and that's why I make an effort to know all of our line mechanics on a first name basis.

When the time comes for the mechanics to fight to better their lives, you won't hear me complaining about my flights leaving late because MX is taking too long to show up.

I have had more than one mechanic tell me something along the lines of, "I just hate that management is putting any of us in this position." Right now, the line maintenance people and the pilots still have a pretty good relationship. I see no reason to destroy that simply by failing to realize that the line mechanics have been working very hard lately with a minimum of complaining. In other words, of course write up all your maintenance discrepancies, but there's no reason to be a dick about it.

Now... Maintenance Control, on the other hand...

I care. Don't get me wrong, my aircraft flies with no overlooked MX, but I see no sense in making things more difficult for the mechanics when they show up to the airplane. That's why I call my discrepancies in, that's why I make sure to always offer them free reign of the galley, and that's why I make an effort to know all of our line mechanics on a first name basis.

When the time comes for the mechanics to fight to better their lives, you won't hear me complaining about my flights leaving late because MX is taking too long to show up.

I have had more than one mechanic tell me something along the lines of, "I just hate that management is putting any of us in this position." Right now, the line maintenance people and the pilots still have a pretty good relationship. I see no reason to destroy that simply by failing to realize that the line mechanics have been working very hard lately with a minimum of complaining. In other words, of course write up all your maintenance discrepancies, but there's no reason to be a dick about it.

Now... Maintenance Control, on the other hand...

Ditto. They're mad enough to organize and we should support them.

Recently in BQK I saw a list on the wall in opps giving a list of ASA pilots that are prone to frequent write ups, this was a typed list on company letter head. Folks this war is abount to get a lot worse. I think those pilots listed may have a law suit if they see it.

Recently in BQK I saw a list on the wall in opps giving a list of ASA pilots that are prone to frequent write ups, this was a typed list on company letter head. Folks this war is abount to get a lot worse. I think those pilots listed may have a law suit if they see it.

Should have taken it down and put a copy in each named pilot's mailbox.

Should have taken it down and put a copy in each named pilot's mailbox.

Yeah, I definitely would've grabbed a copy of it too. For the company to site specific pilots and publish that list seems kind of dumb, but then again we are talking about ASA here.

Latest resources

Back