ASA pilots preparing for possible strike

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ohplease! said:
and no, alpa doesn't do ******************** for me. or you. or anyone at the regionals.

Loss of medical insurance
Access to ALPA legal dept
Access to ALPA medical (worth 2% to me just for this alone)

I have friends that wouldn't be working if it wasn't for ALPA medical. Not everyone is as lucky as you.

So, whats next for us? I suppose we all just sit back until next Sept 15th, then we can go walk in some more circles to show em we really mean business this time!!!! Yawn! This would be rediculous if it werent so sad! Either, we want a fair contract and were going to do something about it, or we don't, and we keep letting them walk all over us, and don't fool yourselves, they ARE walking all over us! We are starting to look like a joke in the eyes of every airline pilot and manager in the industry, especially JA, BL and the rest of them. I flew with a Capt the other day that made a good point. He said, 'we don't have a contract yet because we really don't want it, or arent willing to do what is really necessary to get one! Great point. We just sit back, watch it all happen while they laugh! If we want to get this done, it is time to pressure our MEC to pressure for a release. For me, it is sh1t or get off the pot time. Lets get what were fighting for, or shut this place down! And if it is for good, so be it.....its time. I cant do much more ASA like this anyway. I may need to unleash my own strike and shut me down, because this company has not only ruined this job/profession for me, it has taken away my love of flying, and made it into dread. But, what do we do about it? Walk in circles once a year, spew some rhetoric, slap some bag stickers on........big deal!!! Are we going to do something or not? I just wish someone would freakin tell me!

79%N1 said:
So, whats next for us? I suppose we all just sit back until next Sept 15th, then we can go walk in some more circles to show em we really mean business this time!!!! Yawn! This would be rediculous if it werent so sad! Either, we want a fair contract and were going to do something about it, or we don't, and we keep letting them walk all over us, and don't fool yourselves, they ARE walking all over us! We are starting to look like a joke in the eyes of every airline pilot and manager in the industry, especially JA, BL and the rest of them. I flew with a Capt the other day that made a good point. He said, 'we don't have a contract yet because we really don't want it, or arent willing to do what is really necessary to get one! Great point. We just sit back, watch it all happen while they laugh! If we want to get this done, it is time to pressure our MEC to pressure for a release. For me, it is sh1t or get off the pot time. Lets get what were fighting for, or shut this place down! And if it is for good, so be it.....its time. I cant do much more ASA like this anyway. I may need to unleash my own strike and shut me down, because this company has not only ruined this job/profession for me, it has taken away my love of flying, and made it into dread. But, what do we do about it? Walk in circles once a year, spew some rhetoric, slap some bag stickers on........big deal!!! Are we going to do something or not? I just wish someone would freakin tell me!

I agree 100% with you in every respect. We as a group have lost respect within our peers and managers eyes. We took a strike vote and passed nearly 93% in favor -WHAT IS THE PROBLEM? WHY HAVE WE NOT SET A FIRM DATE ON A WALK OUT? And for what it is worth I am really tired of people that say it has to do with the mediator, etc. etc. - It is time to push forward.

Undisclosed location for a strike center. If they don't want management to find it, just put the SOB out on the ramp by spot 24! Hell they'll never find it there. There sure will be plenty of room because there isn't any work going on out there either.

Ready to go!

IN FAVOR!

Dick

And what good is this so called strike center going to do????? Yawn! We either mean business that we want to get this finished, or we dont! If we do, then lets SET A DATE and walk out on this bullsh1t!!!! I dont care what the mediator says or ALPA National! Lets start the end-game now, or forget it and just take what management gives us............

What's the problem , I heard on the news (750 AM) while waiting to taxi in from 28 in Atlanta today that Home Depot needs to hire 1000 people. We should be ok.

E120ASA said:
What's the problem , I heard on the news (750 AM) while waiting to taxi in from 28 in Atlanta today that Home Depot needs to hire 1000 people. We should be ok.

Yeah, but I hear they're requiring 1000 hours turbine PIC.... and that's just to work the stockroom

ohplease! said:
never said that. what I have said is our mec/cnc needs to be more reasonable.

While you seem to think that, the majority thinks that the compnay needs to be more reasonable.

E120ASA said:

Also, FWIW, I heard on the radio last night driving home that Skywest (no inc, or asa) is going to be at a big job fair in Atlanta. Things that make you go hummm...

Richard Gozinya said:
Undisclosed location for a strike center. If they don't want management to find it, just put the SOB out on the ramp by spot 24! Hell they'll never find it there. There sure will be plenty of room because there isn't any work going on out there either.

Ready to go!

IN FAVOR!

Dick

Now that's funny.

Latest resources

Back