Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASa pilots don't have to wear uniforms any more!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Joe isn't trying to make a point "year round". He's trying to make a point that WHEN THE HAT IS REQUIRED and a pilot chooses not to wear it, RC will swoop down on them like a hawk hunting mice in a field. Stop getting so defensive and think about what is being discussed.

Holy crap.....I just defended Joe. I need a drink.

So I'm supposed to wear a hat, yet he doesn't have to wear any uniform at all? Sorry, but that dog won't hunt....I like Randy, but he needs to practice what he preaches....otherwise I don't want to hear his sermons....

People will cut him slack if he cuts them slack....otherwise, what's good for the goose is good for the gander....

Sorry, but the policy on uniforms is quite clear. While I disagree with some of it, ( I feel hats should be gone or optional all year and that Chiefs should wear uniforms full time) ,it is what it is.

Any pilot who is busted for noncompliance has no right to whine. We know the policy, like it or not, and should comply.

I do not think RC is non compliant as the policy pertains to Chiefs, as for the mustache-I'm not going near that thing with calipers.

Cut the guy some slack.
At least he's trying to stay in touch with flying the line, so he sees what's going on operationally. .

Oh BS! He does this just to commute to and from AGS, nothing more, nothing less. Regular line pilots that commute can't do this so why does RC get to???? waaaaaaaaa!

Oh BS! He does this just to commute to and from AGS, nothing more, nothing less. Regular line pilots that commute can't do this so why does RC get to???? waaaaaaaaa!

Explain how this helps his commute to and from AGS. He doesn't, and can't, bump revenue to do this. Every time I've flown with him as he's done it, the Captain was sleeping in the cabin- and still getting paid as though he were flying.

In each case, all the Captain needs to do that was assigned the trip, is tell randy "no". Seriously, there is nothing I can see that is wrong about it. If anything, I'm glad he still flies a bit- at least someone is still in touch with the left seat and ATL line operations. Sure beats many of the office weiners we've had in times past that couldn't find the front end of an airplane if their life depended on it...............

If someone wanted to pay me Captain's pay to ride in the back, instead of take the responsibility and fly, I'd be all over it!

Explain how this helps his commute to and from AGS. He doesn't, and can't, bump revenue to do this. Every time I've flown with him as he's done it, the Captain was sleeping in the cabin- and still getting paid as though he were flying.

In each case, all the Captain needs to do that was assigned the trip, is tell randy "no". Seriously, there is nothing I can see that is wrong about it. If anything, I'm glad he still flies a bit- at least someone is still in touch with the left seat and ATL line operations. Sure beats many of the office weiners we've had in times past that couldn't find the front end of an airplane if their life depended on it...............

If someone wanted to pay me Captain's pay to ride in the back, instead of take the responsibility and fly, I'd be all over it!

You are pretty out of touch with what he does. I've had him on my airplane a few times. There was pretty good weather all around. He sure didn't jump up front and take the trip from me.

Latest resources

Back