Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASa pilots don't have to wear uniforms any more!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have heard a few things from about RC from my FOs but he has always been helpful to me. Memorial day weekend he was covering trips for a couple of guys who had family plans. Who cares if a chief pilot wears a uniform in the cockpit, they can get snagged in an instant to deal with a variety of issues. Atleast if they are flying they can see some of the things we see on line every day. All of our chiefs are training guys get them out there as possible.

Good luck proving that. That's a load of bull-excrement. More likely, enough people called in sick that he had to pitch in.

If instructors fly with no notice they can go without a uniform. Or if a check airman removes a pilot from the line he may have to fly in civies to cover the flight. It's nothing new.

If a chief is going to enforce the hat with me, then he needs to fly with a uniform....I don't care if he flies with a uniform as long as he doesn't give me grief for not having a hat....Either enforce the uniform from the top on down, or don't....no in betweenies....

Yeah, why cant the CP's keep a spare uniform at the airport?

Cut the guy some slack. Fly low, and beat the radar. If you fly without a hat, stay out of sight. everyone knows he sits at the top of C- so just use the elevator where our old ops used to be and walk down.

I've flown with Randy twice, neither time in uniform, up to Augusta. Both times he was sure to ask the captain that was scheduled the flight, if it was alright if he flew it instead, just to keep up with line flying. Both times the captains concented and slept their way east on the jumpseat or in the cabin, getting the same pay, for less work. At least he's trying to stay in touch with flying the line, so he sees what's going on operationally.

I don't have a problem with it, and I'm too apathetic to care about something like this.........

Cut the guy some slack. Fly low, and beat the radar. If you fly without a hat, stay out of sight. everyone knows he sits at the top of C- so just use the elevator where our old ops used to be and walk down.

I've flown with Randy twice, neither time in uniform, up to Augusta. Both times he was sure to ask the captain that was scheduled the flight, if it was alright if he flew it instead, just to keep up with line flying. Both times the captains concented and slept their way east on the jumpseat or in the cabin, getting the same pay, for less work. At least he's trying to stay in touch with flying the line, so he sees what's going on operationally.

I don't have a problem with it, and I'm too apathetic to care about something like this.........

So I'm supposed to wear a hat, yet he doesn't have to wear any uniform at all? Sorry, but that dog won't hunt....I like Randy, but he needs to practice what he preaches....otherwise I don't want to hear his sermons....

People will cut him slack if he cuts them slack....otherwise, what's good for the goose is good for the gander....

So I'm supposed to wear a hat, yet he doesn't have to wear any uniform at all? Sorry, but that dog won't hunt....I like Randy, but he needs to practice what he preaches....otherwise I don't want to hear his sermons....

People will cut him slack if he cuts them slack....otherwise, what's good for the goose is good for the gander....

You don't have to wear a hat- you just have to make sure you don't get CAUGHT not wearing your hat. It's only a foul if someone blows the whistle................

I may be wrong but,......I thought you didn't need to wear a hat except during the months a jacket is required. If you wear a jacket you must wear your hat.

Latest resources

Back