ASA pilot surplus...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
CX880 said:
Good point if you're furloughed from FDX but not if you're being furloughed from a 1500 monthly job gone 80% of the month to sit reserve.

You're not very smart are you, Kevin?

eP.

Good point if you're furloughed from FDX but not if you're being furloughed from a 1500 monthly job gone 80% of the month to sit reserve.

That's a pretty ignorant thing to say. I haven't flown in over 6 weeks on reserve, but I will gladly keep up this schedule for another 2 years as long as I know I will still have a job.

You simply do not understand.

Try to find a job in aviation right now, and try to find a job OUTSIDE of aviation right now, especially if you've been in the airlines for more than two years. Nobody will touch you because they "know" you'll bail on them when the airline recalls (which may or may not be true)

It's not as easy as you think. Unless you want to go work for $7.50 an hour at McDonalds.... but to be fair, Home Depot wouldn't hire me because I was "overqualified", so even that may be a stretch.

Latest resources

Back