• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA pilot surplus...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Brad came over to ASA with the Skywest philosophy. I don't believe he'll furlough anybody unless there is no other option.

Brad came over to ASA with the Skywest philosophy. I don't believe he'll furlough anybody unless there is no other option.

Especially since there is still attrition to SWA and some International Carriers. + Coma lines as well.

Trojan

Anyone who thinks there is TRUE "brotherhood" in this business.....isn't paying attention.....

USAPA/AWA/AAA, DAL/NWA, AA/TWA, Regional vs. Mainline, Age 60 pro/con, saving retirement vs. furlough, senior vs. junior, and the General vs everyone.......

LOL! I thought that was funny. Hopefully the General has a sense of humor too.

APC says SKYW is to receive 9 more 900's starting Oct. 25th. If they want to keep the ASA people happy and moral where it is, they should just let us have those planes in ATL. We have the pilots, and the program is all but certified. Pilots could be in the planes within 2 weeks. It would definitely help with the "surplus".

I'm sure the responses to this could get interesting...

Last edited:
APC says SKYW is to receive 9 more 900's starting Oct. 25th. If they want to keep the ASA people happy and moral where it is, they should just let us have those planes in ATL. We have the pilots, and the program is all but certified. Pilots could be in the planes within 2 weeks. It would definitely help with the "surplus".

I'm sure the responses to this could get interesting...

Well, nothing 'interesting' here, but I think it was anounced over a year ago that those 900's are E120 replacements. You know, fwiw.

I mean, don't get me wrong here--SKW isn't running any jet classes right now, so it's effectively a transfer of flying away from EMB crews. So at least in the very short term, I'd be just as happy to see those 900s go to ASA.

(But in the long term, I'm a lot smarter than that.)

-Goose

Well, nothing 'interesting' here, but I think it was anounced over a year ago that those 900's are E120 replacements. You know, fwiw.

I mean, don't get me wrong here--SKW isn't running any jet classes right now, so it's effectively a transfer of flying away from EMB crews. So at least in the very short term, I'd be just as happy to see those 900s go to ASA.

-Goose

Skywest recently had all the pilots and flight attendants complete overwater training and what 900s we have, are now all outfitted with Caribbean flying performance and info cards in the airplanes but nothing officially announced by the company.

-Goose

So what if they are replacing the Brazilias, that doesn't mean a whole lot. How fast are the Brazilias leaving your fleet? ASA was supposed to get rid of the ATR's like 5 years ago, every year mgmt. swore they'd be gone by years end. They are finally being drawn down to be gone by Dec. AND we have nothing to replace our ATR fleet.

Also, Skyw. had no problem taking ASA 700's a couple years ago. Maybe there could be a shift of flying comming our way. Sure would be a nice change. If we really are 300 pilots fat, thats a lot of paychecks going out that don't need to be.

I'm guessing those guys are being kept for a reason, and it's not out of the goodness of Brads' heart.

Last edited:
Skywest recently had all the pilots and flight attendants complete overwater training and what 900s we have, are now all outfitted with Caribbean flying performance and info cards in the airplanes but nothing officially announced by the company.

ASA's been doing that on our 700's for years now. I wouldn't read too much into that...

ASA's been doing that on our 700's for years now. I wouldn't read too much into that...

Doesn't ASA already fly to the Caribbean and points in Central America? Skywest doesn't fly to any of these places. Why would Skywest complete overwater certification and training unless it planned on new flying to these places. That's my point. Maybe they intend to, with the new 900s to arrive. Skywest doesn't do things just for the heck of it and to have this stuff in the cockpit unless it was planning on something.

Latest resources

Back