• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA pilot surplus...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
All I know is that morale at ASA is pretty good, although some fear the future. But all in all, I'd say most everyone is on board with the company's direcetion and incentives. However, watch the wheels fall off if SkyWest drops some more 900's into the Atlanta system to do Carib flying that is done by ASA 200's and 700's.

What is the deal with SkyWest and the 20 CRJ's that MidEx are dumping? Are they going back to the United and Delta feeder system?

JumpersAway said:
What is the deal with SkyWest and the 20 CRJ's that MidEx are dumping? Are they going back to the United and Delta feeder system?

11 of them are back in generic SkyWest colors to be used a spares for either carrier.

9 are still flying for MidWest.

eP.

All I know is that morale at ASA is pretty good, although some fear the future. But all in all, I'd say most everyone is on board with the company's direcetion and incentives. However, watch the wheels fall off if SkyWest drops some more 900's into the Atlanta system to do Carib flying that is done by ASA 200's and 700's.

That's what I'm getting at. Right now things are pretty good. But Brad's weekly "RA RA you guys are great" messages will only last so long. So far he's walked the walk. But like you said, if we see more OO influence in ATL while we sit on the sidelines and shrink, morale is going to tank. It's bad enough watching 9E get bigger in our back yard.

It's just my opinion but if SKYW management wants to see how far ASA can go, then keep us motivated by rewarding our efforts.

Let ASA do the 900 flying in ATL, and SKYW do it out west. With those 9 900's comming this month, I think it would be a pretty smart move on their part.

How do you see more SKW influence in ATL? At one point we had 12 900's based there, for the last year or so its been down to just 5.

BTW I'm just repeating what I've heard, but unless there's a MAJOR award in 900 flying, ASA is not in the game. These 900s have already been allocated.

I wish some of this flying was coming to ASA/SKW, but with the merger, our stock has fallen in DL's eyes.

Hold on tight guys. There WAS a reason for ASA to hold on to those folks. It does not exist any more. But DL could change their minds....... Again.

Has there been any word of guys asking for a COMA line and being turned down?

Yes. I bid on it for Sept, Oct, and Nov and only awarded in Oct.

I am post-contract.

Well, nothing 'interesting' here, but I think it was anounced over a year ago that those 900's are E120 replacements. You know, fwiw.
The 700's are kinda-sorta E120 replacements on the UAX side. IIRC, the 900's are part of CRJ2 replacements.

With DL, everything changes by the week...so, who knows.

Latest resources

Back