• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Picketing

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What are you ASA drivers hoping to accomplish through this picketing? Seems as though you are paid well for a regional airline. I gaurentee with SKW INC in charge now, you wont go far with your picket lines. Might at worst case scenario land you with out a job. Why would SKW INC press forward with a pilot group that stirs the pot when assets can more easily be transfered. You'll have no one to blame but your selves. I shouldnt even so much as point the finger at the whole pilot group of ASA, so forgive me, it's just the handful that post their confused minds on this website

IF assets are transferred while ASA is on strike, I'll be out of a job as well. I will not fly transferred AC as thats a SCAB in my book. Problem is with a lack of a union at SkyWest I wont get my job back when/if things settle down.
Does any ASA guys now how SkyWest management is approaching this issue at present?

Rick James said:
Does any ASA guys now how SkyWest management is approaching this issue at present?

SkyWest management has not even met with our MEC, let alone done a meet and greet with our pilot group or for that matter the company as a whole.

As fond as this place is of Chief Pilot forums and other meetings (*bagels provided), I am really surprised that by now there hasn't been a token SkyWest management presence/introduction in the crew room.

The public thinks we are all overpaid and if we don't like it at one carrier, we should just apply at another. Picketing solves nothing if it doesn't inform the public of the actual payscales and inability of pilots to switch carriers. The public doesn't have much pity for the pilot myth.

How about billboards at every airport entrance with the regional pay scales on them. Something like those priceless ads

4 years of college- 40K
4 years of flight training - another 40K
2 years of flight instructing at 10k a year
1 year of cargo at 24k a year
finally making it to an airline and taking a paycut-
priceless...........

"What are you ASA drivers hoping to accomplish through this picketing? Seems as though you are paid well for a regional airline"

We are not complaining about our pay! It is our work rules and the scheduling issues in which ASA Mgmt continues to ignore. Our contract is being interpeted anyway the company see fit. Taking days off, moving them around, extending you out of senority order, removing trip and reasigning you trips outside of the foot print, denying swaps for no good reason other than "low Coverage" with 60 plus pilots on reserve, calling you on your off days to junior man. I know SKYWEST treats it's employees like valued team memebers....THAT IS NOT THE CASE HERE!

"gaurentee with SKW INC in charge now, you wont go far with your picket lines. Might at worst case scenario land you with out a job."

ASA is a unionized pilot work force for a reason!!! OUR MANAGEMENT SCREWS US EVERY CHANCE THEY HAVE!!! Hopefully SKW will help make things better. As for losing our jobs! At least we don't fly a 70 seat airplane at 50 seat pay rates!

Further more prior to coming to ASA as a fmr Delta employee for many years I was dead set against Unions....But because of how this (ASA) company treats ALL of it employees we need a union to protect us.

Compare our current contract to your work rules and you will understand why we are so frustrated!

Photoflight said:
How about billboards at every airport entrance with the regional pay scales on them. Something like those priceless ads

4 years of college- 40K
4 years of flight training - another 40K
2 years of flight instructing at 10k a year
1 year of cargo at 24k a year
finally making it to an airline and taking a paycut-
priceless...........

Listen. This does nothing if they think that you can simply quit and apply at another carrier. That is the stumbling block that ALPA has yet to put into the American psyche.

ASA is a unionized pilot work force for a reason!!! OUR MANAGEMENT SCREWS US EVERY CHANCE THEY HAVE!!! Hopefully SKW will help make things better. As for losing our jobs! At least we don't fly a 70 seat airplane at 50 seat pay rates!

One question why does everyone harp on this so much? First of all America West pays the same regargless if the A/C is a 737 Airbus or 757. Why arent you all complaining about that? CAL pays the same rate for 767 or 777 and for a 737-800 or 757 series. Jet blues EMB-190 top rate is less than skywests 50 seat rate. Granted Jet blue tops out at 12 years and it looks like skywest tops out at 18 years. The max pay on a CRJ 50 at ASA is $82/hr. Max pay on a CRJ 70 at ASA is $103. If you take the average that is $92.50/hr. Looks to me like skywest tops out at $93/hr on the 50 seat plane. Airtran pays the same rate for a 717 or a 737. A 777 has quite a few more seats than a 767 however why is there no outcry that CAL has no differential pay. I am really just curious since I am new to this type of stuff. I have been lurking for a while and have seen this harped on time and time again. I did some research on airlinepilotpay.com so the numbers may be off some. Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong. My question is why is everyone screaming about skywest flying an RJ that only has 16 more seats for the same pay as the 50 seat? It also appears their 50 seat rate is more than some of the other airlines 70 seat rates. Someone please enlighten me.

Latest resources

Back