ASA Picketing

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Sinca3

Thanks to all those that showed up for picketing today. Three years is too long to wait on a fair contract for fair treatment! Hopefully we will see some light at the end of the tunnel in the near future.

Sinca3 said:
Thanks to all those that showed up for picketing today. Three years is too long to wait on a fair contract for fair treatment! Hopefully we will see some light at the end of the tunnel in the near future.

What does picketing do? The general public views you as a bunch of morons. Why don't you give SkyWest INC. a chance. They should start transfering ASA's assets before it gets any worse. Haven't you learned anything from the NWA mechanics?

MELIT said:
What does picketing do? The general public views you as a bunch of morons. Why don't you give SkyWest INC. a chance. They should start transfering ASA's assets before it gets any worse. Haven't you learned anything from the NWA mechanics?

You are not very bright, are you Melit? Poor little management knob gobbler.

I'm curious.... How do you go about negotiations now that you have changed ownership ? Wondering how this works.

What everyone seems to be failing to notice is that we are STILL dealing with ASA mgt. That has not changed. As long as we are seperate companies that will be the case. Until SKW comes in and bumps out the current mgt and deals with us on level ground, we will continue to deal with ASA mgt. As it stands now, nothing has changed.

I was there for the morning session. I don't know the amount of people we had, but there were 2 picketing lines fully-staffed with plenty of people waiting around to swap in. I assume that the afternoon turnout was just as good.

We had approx. 30 for the afternoon session doing two different orbits. Word was they had 7 show up out in SLT. ABC and the AJC showed up for the morning session and FOX turned up right at the end of the afternoon.

man it was hot out there.....

jj

73 Bel Air - you are right. As long as we fail to sit at a negotiating table with the people who have operational control of our airline, we are just biding time.

shamrock said:
What kind of turnout was there?

Here in SLC, there were only about 7 picketers. They had to move because they were getting heckled by the public. I wasn't the only one who thought this was pi$$ poor planning and extremely bad timing. Sometimes I wonder if our MEC leadership looks at what is going on around them.

Latest resources

Back