• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA performance as of late...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
These are legitimate concerns man, I WILL do my job. There is NOTHING wrong with inquiring minds, i repeat, NOTHING.

Then ask the mechanics. You really think that your going to find the answer on FI. Communicate your concerns with the source and you will get an answer.

Then ask the mechanics. You really think that your going to find the answer on FI. Communicate your concerns with the source and you will get an answer.

Last i freaking checked, this is a forum, If you have no intelligent insight, remove yourself from this thread and have a nice day.

My primary question was a general one. My secondary STATEMENT was more specific which did insinuate maintenance having a hand in the delays, but at no point did i totally blame them for the problem.

The MX issues ebb and flow. There will be a while were everything is broken. A short time later, it is rare to even find a gear door missing. Later, the deferrals come back with a vengeance.

As far as the APU's go, there is a reason we are seeing more problems with them. This issue hearkens to the Project APU and saving gas. Many guys start the APU to save fuel since it takes our Red-Bellied Nut Scratchers a large amount of time to put power on the plane. The APU is then shut down. About 10 prior, the APU gets started again. In some instances the APU has twice the number of cycles on it. Hence, the greater numbers of deferrals with it.

The company was talking about requesting that the pilots when returning to ATL (if assigned a C gate) not to start the APU. With fuel prices like they are, it is cheaper to buy gas for those couple of minutes for the right engine running than it is to repair and replace APUs.

With the current conditions, its ok for NO ONE to slow down the airline.

Well send that memo out to all the unions, don't forget Airtran, American, United etc, make sure you tell them that you've figured it all out and they're to check with you prior to negotiating...

Well send that memo out to all the unions, don't forget Airtran, American, United etc, make sure you tell them that you've figured it all out and they're to check with you prior to negotiating...

Now Smack..play nice you might hurt his feelings or even worst. He might be out of a job and then how would you feel?

Latest resources

Back