Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CaribPilot

Positive Rate
Ok guys, what the foxtrot is happening out there??

All these maintenance delays are starting to piss me off...I hope none of this has to do with them trying to get a union on property...

Honestly, that was my thoughts as of late. I wouldn't be suprised. Honestly though, it does seem like maintenance has taken a slide lately.....deferred, deffered, deffered, deferred, deferred....................

I don't think I've seen this many deferred APU's in the summer time. WTF is going on with the rash of those, anyway?

Ok guys, what the foxtrot is happening out there??

All these maintenance delays are starting to piss me off...I hope none of this has to do with them trying to get a union on property...

So let me get this straight....it was ok for the pilots to slow down the airline for the sake of their collective bargaining but its not ok for the mechanics to do the same?

So let me get this straight....it was ok for the pilots to slow down the airline for the sake of their collective bargaining but its not ok for the mechanics to do the same?

With the current conditions, its ok for NO ONE to slow down the airline. The volatility of DCI flying right now will cause any flying to be taken away from us at a whim.

I am still fairly junior, the possibility of me being furloughed is still real. I dont think the pilots quarrel caused anyone to sign up for unemployment bennies.

Whats it to you anyway? Do you fly for ASA? It was a question directed towards ASA pilots to see if that is really the problem, or if its just been my luck lately to see maintenance disturbances.
So shoo.

yeah, LOT of maint problems lately, but I don't see the connection to the mechanics... just a lot of crap (especially on the older 200s) breaking and the cold weather makes for a lot of zero flap landings of late.

Just yesterday we had a brand new mechanic fixing a small problem being shadowed by a more senior guy. Maybe new mechs being brought on board? I like most of the mechanics I've met working the line, they work their butt off...

that being said, I think the equipment is just getting old. Had a lot of differed crap myself, APU problems, a hot start, pressurization problems, and weirdly enough, a lot of N2 sensors problems as well as rigging with the power levers.

I had 5 MELs on the AC the other day. And I ended up having to write something else up too.

With the current conditions, its ok for NO ONE to slow down the airline. The volatility of DCI flying right now will cause any flying to be taken away from us at a whim.

I am still fairly junior, the possibility of me being furloughed is still real. I dont think the pilots quarrel caused anyone to sign up for unemployment bennies.

Whats it to you anyway? Do you fly for ASA? It was a question directed towards ASA pilots to see if that is really the problem, or if its just been my luck lately to see maintenance disturbances.
So shoo.

HEY jr. Just do your job and don't worry about. It's not all about you.

Things break and the CPTS do their job and write them up.

Last edited:
HEY jr. How long have you been at ASA? Just do your job and don't worry about.

These are legitimate concerns man, I WILL do my job. There is NOTHING wrong with inquiring minds, i repeat, NOTHING.

HEY jr. Just do your job and don't worry about. It's not all about you.

Things break and the CPTS do their job and write them up.

What on earth are you babbling about??? That is contradicting booty chatter, just doing my job and not worrying about IS making it all about me.

Latest resources

Back