ASA PBS = No more CDO's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As a reminder to everyone:

The procedure for releasing the parking brake is specific. You release the parking brake when the aircraft is ready for pushback. That means all cargo bins closed, all doors closed, the flight attendents ready for taxi and acars numbers returned. I know in the past everyone's been anxious to get the main door closed and release the brake to get that D zero on record. However, everyone should follow the policy as written to avoid discipline by the company.

I have much better than that, sir... Much better.

Like I predicted!

According to our reps, the re write is coming.

The question remains, to what extent will they.

Which is exactly why I predict an email saying they are once again going to re-work the pairings.

Its time call and email the Reps and management.

For the record, CRJblahblah, I have never made excuses for the company. I have only said we should be realistic.

This is not realistic, and the company is about to find out.

They can run the lines over and over and over again and every-time they will suck. Mathematically it cannot work. Avg stage length for the 200 is 1:19. ATR had longer avg stage lengths. There is only one solution if an ATL based 200 pilot wants to get out of this mess....as the Palm so eloquently put it...ABANDON SHIP!!!

DTW Anyone?

How about this.....they say no 200's over 750 NM. How many 749 mile flights do we have? How about 700, or 650? Even 500? Next to none! So if the limit is 750, why do we only do 200-300? Wouldn't even some of those stage lengths help?

Trek and all,

Each month, DELTA sends ASA a "script" for each airplane to fly. It is THEIR choice as to which cities and the frequency to those cities. ASA cannot "choose" whether to fly a 50 seater only to cities of say 600 miles. What Delta has told ASA and others is that all stage lengths in excess of 750 miles must be flown by an aircraft with dual class service. That eliminates the fitty from those longer haul markets. As for all markets below that amount, it becomes a match the aircraft with the demand game........and Delta controls that game.

The result? 1:19 minute average stage length for ASA's fitties. It's not ASA's choice.

How about this.....they say no 200's over 750 NM. How many 749 mile flights do we have? How about 700, or 650? Even 500? Next to none! So if the limit is 750, why do we only do 200-300? Wouldn't even some of those stage lengths help?

What Delta is doing is a sound business decision. Not only is the 50 seater unprofitable at current oil price levels, the 50 is also an abomination to fly on from a passenger standpoint. Passengers exposed to flying on the 50 should be limited to the shortest time possible. Sucks for all of us that are on the 200 here in ATL, but we have reached the end of days for the CRJ200

Latest resources

Back