ASA PBS = No more CDO's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Two wrongs don't make a right though.

What are dues supposed to be used for? Pizza parties and union meetings in Vegas? I think it's a good idea to use our dues for something like this when it gives us more say in our QOL. It's money well spent.

If it was a PBS issue the Feb skds would not be good. I heard from the union that the company agreed to use a new pairing generator in the future that ALPA offered to purchase.

Would you say that there is no possibility that the company made better pairings in February because of A) They were just testing out the system so they kept the pairings close to how they were generated previously, B) They could be learning as they go on how to get the best bang for their buck or C) They delayed really screwing us so that people like you and the Union could use the excuse “If it is PBS why didn’t the pairings in February suck?”

So they're going to use MY dues to buy software for the company?? What? Oh *&$$ no..

You'd rather your dues go to paying for steak dinners and martinis?

WTF difference does it make what they spend their budget on?

God, if a software purchase makes for better pairings in the future...why would anyone be opposed to that?

It's not like your dues would go unspent and returned to you otherwise. At least they're using it to buy something that HELPS you...and the rest of us.

Geez...

You'd rather your dues go to paying for steak dinners and martinis?

WTF difference does it make what they spend their budget on?

God, if a software purchase makes for better pairings in the future...why would anyone be opposed to that?

It's not like your dues would go unspent and returned to you otherwise. At least they're using it to buy something that HELPS you...and the rest of us.

Geez...

Please don't try to use common sense and logic with these guys. It'll never work. Guys like Oakum, aircombat and crj567 will be miserable the rest of their lives no matter how good or bad things are.

What are dues supposed to be used for? Pizza parties and union meetings in Vegas? I think it's a good idea to use our dues for something like this when it gives us more say in our QOL. It's money well spent.
Please don't try to use common sense and logic with these guys. It'll never work. Guys like Oakum, aircombat and crj567 will be miserable the rest of their lives no matter how good or bad things are.

There are valid points on each side of this debate. Lets just say that its a difference in philosophy. Just as I don't want my dues paying for CrewPass, I wouldn't want it used for this kind of software or anything else the company should be paying for like the cost of ASAP or FOQA or maintenance/parts.

I can agree to disagree on this one.

The current software runs one solution in several hours. The new software runs several solutions in less than an hour. Pairings can be run numerous times until there is agreement on their quality without having to delay the bid period or posting them as-is because there is no more time.

Option1 is ALPA buys it.
Option 2 is things don't change.
Options 3 & 4, undoing PBS or the company paying for the software, aren't happening.

Last edited:
The Company and the Association recognize that a variety of
productive trips are essential for the best overall PBS bid run solution. To the extent reasonably practicable and considering the Company’s
39 utilization parameters, operational productivity and performance, costs
40 and efficient use of staffing, the Company will construct trips as​
41 follows:

This is awful, I wonder if it came from an attorney or a 5th grader.

The Company and the Association recognize that a variety of
productive trips are essential for the best overall PBS bid run solution.
To the extent reasonably practicable and considering the Company’s
utilization parameters, operational productivity and performance, costs
and efficient use of staffing, the Company will construct trips as​
follows:

Latest resources

Back