• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA PBS = No more CDO's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not everyone is as senior as you. Quit bragging and look at the bigger picture. PBS is a turd for a majority of the group. Even the IAD base has crumby pairings to include sub-17-hour (credit) four-day trips. Enjoy.

My fear is that a schedule cannot be completed with even crappy 4 days. If these March pairings run without getting fixed, I think we would see that scenario happen for the majority of us. You have to give the system enough credit to complete your line, or it can do very creative things to you.

Plug low enough credit trips in there, and we will all be in "select all remaining pairings." I am not being alarmist, that sort of thing can really happen. (For those not yet familiar, this would mean that the system would get to throw out all our preferences for days off and trips, and we would be scheduled any way the system wished.) "Efficiency" and "Flexibility" to the max!! We are wide open for abuse!

(Does anyone else think that the company would not bother to lift a finger in regards to helping us fix the pairings ever again, if XJET signed onto this garbage?)

-I just pray that XJET reps have some kind of spine....

Last edited:
You bet. I can't get anywhere near it without adding a two-day here, a day-line there... and, well, I think there are gonna be some folks calling in sick when they see six days in a row followed by one day off because this awesome software had to unstack all the Papazolio/Henry garbage.

For those of you that say, "It isn't a PBS issue" please step away from the exhaust pipe or call your therapist. Anywho somebody needs to bump the record player that one is getting old! Alpa cannot say yes this thing really sucks, we should have never presented it. Did alpa ever think to revisit pbs after the language was signed. You dorks really let the cows out on this one. Thank you.

What does the way I bid my trips have to do with the pairings that are being dealt? How would a line bidding system have better trips in it, or would all the lines be 12-13 days off with 75 hrs of credit pre-built into them? I'm not arguing, I want to be educated so I can join your side.

First of all PBS sucks. This is only my 15th post. The first 14 were begging the pilot group to vote down PBS. But now that we are stuck with it what are the advantages/disadvantages of allowing single days off?

Would line bidding have 6 days in a row? Of course not!! Would it have 6 on, one off 5 on? Of course it wouldn't.

At least you can SEE the garbage you are in for with line bidding. I will never be convinced the lines would look as bad as this piece of crap.

Keep spewing though. This summer is gonna be fun. I think reserve might go senior as bad as these lines will be.

What a super regional we work for.

Reserve crossed my mind earlier today, but na far to many sick calls are going to come in. 10 days off for 14-17 hours cheap vacation.

Just got an e-mail from the union concerning the March pairings... Pretty much said "the company will not do a re-write, we are screwed, dudes."

-Fun. March is gonna be a total barrel of laughs!

Just got an e-mail from the union concerning the March pairings... Pretty much said "the company will not do a re-write, we are screwed, dudes."

At this point I'm fine with that. Lets show them how safely we can run an airline.

At this point I'm fine with that. Lets show them how safely we can run an airline.

I think that email may have had some sub-tones to that effect. Reduced rest, I don't know about you all but I am usually pretty fatigued when that happens.

Latest resources

Back