• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA PBS = No more CDO's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Don't fool yourselves, IAD pairings are just as useless. Hard to find a 4-day over 17 hrs... folks, I told you so... How long does this go on? Rewrites every month??

Y'all know exactly what rosters look like around this time in past years- decent pairings coupled with high numbers of off days.

Problem is, Papazolio is drooling all over himself because you clowns are gonna be working as many days as he is. The GO really would prefer everyone flying 3:52, seven days per week. 'Cause hey- it's only fair... They HATE pilots and that's the bottom line. Everyone does. I say %$^( them and fly safely.

Congratulations. The 200 has 2 like flights a week to YYZ. The 700/900 flies there EVERYDAY. Just because its on your pairing 3 times does not mean there is enough frequency to make higher block lines for the 200. Remember the avg stage length of 1:19 is the lowest in the 200's history

We fly ATL-MSN once a day, whereas we fly ATL-AGS 6 times a day. ATL-FNT is done primarily by the DC9 so that must have been a irregular flight on another once a week flight for the 200. Oh yeah, that will get the trips block/credit higher....

Wake up!! They re-wrote the pairings for Feb (lowest month of year) and they were much better with more naps and several 4 days over 20 hours. It can be done. We all realize they may not be able to produce 25 hour 4 days, but these 16 and 17 hour 4 day trips are complete crap. It is even crazier that the company set the threshold to 90 hours. It would be damn near impossible to hit that with these crap trips. This has much more to do with the company trying to be cheap and screw us to save a buck than the stage length of the 200.

The soft pay aspects of our contract has been deemed too expensive now that the blocks have been reduced. The bean counters are looking at nothing but cost per block hour, and the only way to save is to slash costs. (i.e soft pay) Since the segment times on the 200 are never going to change, this will be the norm nown. Hence, if you are a 200 pilot in ATL you will be forced to work max days for min pay! They cannot fit enough legs into your day to make enought block. (No 6-8 hour credit days) Unless the company gives up their stance on lowering block costs to fight the short segments, or Delta puts the 200 on longer segments, this will not change. Since there are few to no vacancies on the 700, us 200 pilots are stuck with this new reality of life on the 200. I say, get rid of the damn things. Replace them with Beech1900's if all we are going to do is fly them to CSG, CHA and AGS all day!

Wake up!! They re-wrote the pairings for Feb (lowest month of year) and they were much better with more naps and several 4 days over 20 hours. It can be done. We all realize they may not be able to produce 25 hour 4 days, but these 16 and 17 hour 4 day trips are complete crap. It is even crazier that the company set the threshold to 90 hours. It would be damn near impossible to hit that with these crap trips. This has much more to do with the company trying to be cheap and screw us to save a buck than the stage length of the 200.

It is encouraging that people are figuring out the downside of this crappy agreement. We all need to understand how important it is to get this fixed in the JCBA.

-I really don't care whether 777 has figured this out yet. Some people will never be able to see the forest for the trees. Fortunately, more and more of our pilots are starting to see the truth.

-Let's not kid ourselves. This thing needs some serious fixing.

Please, Please, Please Expressjet take note! Do not let the company or alpa sell you on this. It is a monster.

This is not the fault of PBS. If we had lines this month we would be bitching just the same as they would all have 12-13 days off and be blocked to 75. The XJT guys would have much better pairings if they had PBS now, because they fly much longer segments in the 145's than ASA does on the 200 now. It's the pairings, not the bidding proceedure. We can vote out PBS in the JCBA, but the CRJ200 schedules in ATL WILL NOT improve one bit!

I did 3 days in January, same pairing every week, and was blocked, not credited, at 18:00. So me thinks it can be done but then you have pilots whining about 5-6 leg days. If I can get 4 days off after a 3 day, works for me!

Hoser
ROLL TIDE!
GB PACKERS - World Champions!

Please, Please, Please Expressjet take note! Do not let the company or alpa sell you on this. It is a monster.

100% Absolute truth! Some of our guys are trying to save face on this one. Our MEC went way out on a limb trying to sell this thing to us as something awesome. They are still trying to save face, but it is too late.

Many more people are figuring out what this agreement can do, and what our company will do with the vast leeway we gave them. I am not buying any more excuses or B.S. This can and must be fixed.

If our guys won't do it, I would wager that XJET leaders will. Eventually, we have to grow some balls and fix this mess, no matter how embarrassed the people who got us into this mess might be.

Not everyone is as senior as you. Quit bragging and look at the bigger picture. PBS is a turd for a majority of the group. Even the IAD base has crumby pairings to include sub-17-hour (credit) four-day trips. Enjoy.

Fortunately, the exjet guys aren't a stupid as we are. That group is the only thing that will save us from our own. The JCBA will fix this, and our MEC will be O-U-T with any luck. I'm really tired of looking at their overfed pudgy faces in those super-productive photo ops.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back