• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA PBS mock bid

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Here's an idea, sit down with a PBS trainer that YOUR UNION DUES ARE PAYING FOR, and actually learn the proper way to use the system. It only takes about an hour to get an in depth understanding. They are available from 8am-10pm EVERY DAY of the week.

Or you can be one of the whiners and complainers, think you have the system all figured out on your own, submit a messed up bid, then complain you got "screwed" when actually the system gave you exactly what you bid for.

Your choice.....

I've been told all this is mostly the result of Flightline not having the software in compliance with the LOA.

There is no way pilots are gonna dik with this thing enough to become competent and confident with such a far off turn on date. Money spent on trainers over the next four months is money wasted, unless it's the company's money, in which case I am cool with it.

But of course now we have to read/listen to four more months of people whining about how much PBS sucks, even though they have no idea what they are talking about. I'm not saying it doesn't suck, because I don't know what I'm talking about either.

I just want to turn the darn thing on and get those first two months of vertical learning curve out of the way and move the fak on.

Here's an idea, sit down with a PBS trainer that YOUR UNION DUES ARE PAYING FOR, and actually learn the proper way to use the system. It only takes about an hour to get an in depth understanding. They are available from 8am-10pm EVERY DAY of the week.

Or you can be one of the whiners and complainers, think you have the system all figured out on your own, submit a messed up bid, then complain you got "screwed" when actually the system gave you exactly what you bid for.

Your choice.....

Well said!

ASA Pilot: I don't know about this new PBS thing its so complicated!
Me: Did you go to one of the training classes?
ASA Pilot: No

Your choice.....

No, you are not paying for it, the company is.

No, you are not paying for it, the company is.

Well in that case, train-away I say!!!

Train train train train train!!!

XJET guys better pay attention:

This system gives far too much control to the company. We are just trying to sugar-coat things to make it look like our agreement doesn't suck so much.

"software problems" my ass! This system sorts trips real pretty, but it still gives the company WAAAAYYY to much license to break one off in some uncomfortable place.

-This agreement needs serious fixes. You can't blame me for getting this crap shoved up our collective pooper-I voted "NO!"

You are paying for it as well in the form of 100 hr months, re-routes, and extensions. If these people are in the crew lounge everyday they are not covering trips... You are!

Well said!

ASA Pilot: I don't know about this new PBS thing its so complicated!
Me: Did you go to one of the training classes?
ASA Pilot: No

Training classes? Who has the time?

By the way..
Do you shod that horse in your avatar?
Kidding, of course.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back