• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA PBS is.......

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And, I don't know why they are against a bypass the trip system where the mOst senior reserve gets called first and on down the list

Because it would take away a tool the company has for keeping each reserve as close as they can to a 75 hour credit month.

They seem really myopic about that issue and having all the contract language they can to allow them to do just that. I can't believe it's that important a cost control method for them to use...but someone over there sure has the idea that they've struck cost-savings paydirt with the 75.0 hr credit month for reserve pilots.

Why is it taking so long for the awards to be posted?????
Flica usually takes about an hour tops for it to be done and this PBS crap is taking like a week and half to award trips. Sure it's all the alpa reps looking at which way works best for them before publishing it................

Because they have the ability to run the software many different times, each time tweaking the settings to get a more favorable result.

I'm sure eventually they'll get it down to the point where it may only take a few hours, but they're just learning it like we are, so how about a little patience?

Because they have the ability to run the software many different times, each time tweaking the settings to get a more favorable result.

I'm sure eventually they'll get it down to the point where it may only take a few hours, but they're just learning it like we are, so how about a little patience?

Nope had enough time, like a year, if it's not good to go then don't use it. I'm sure they were having a nice paid for lunch while all getting six hours of pay to talk about all the gifts they bought for their families.

Nope had enough time, like a year, if it's not good to go then don't use it. I'm sure they were having a nice paid for lunch while all getting six hours of pay to talk about all the gifts they bought for their families.

Yep-
We are all about to pay for that one. With the current distribution of trips, this will be the worst mess we can imagine. Let's pray for some two days and day lines for the system to fill in the gaps with for Feb. It is just not possible to build a good schedule with so many crap 4 days and ball-buster 3 days.

-I am anxiously awaiting all the cheerleaders to pipe up when this thing kicks in during a month with crap 4 days from top to bottom.

-Maybe by some miracle, the company will build nice trips which will work well in tis system. There is no reason to expect they will, but that is our only hope.

How long have you been doing practice bids? When were you guys supposed to go live with this originally? Why has it been postponed? When are you supposed to go live with it now?

Goes live Jan bid for Feb schedules. Delayed due to software problems.

All out of patience! Our alpa boys have nobody's interests in mind but their own....and don't give me the "but their volunteering their time and giving up their QOL to help us out" BS.... time for these chumps to go.

All out of patience! Our alpa boys have nobody's interests in mind but their own....and don't give me the "but their volunteering their time and giving up their QOL to help us out" BS.... time for these chumps to go.

Don't know about you, but I want it to work as intended. If it takes even longer, so be it. It's software, and his has been customized, the CDO rules are complex to protect bad things from happening to people who don't bid them but may be awarded them, and everyone is still learning. From my perspective, take as long as you like, because if it's not right when it gets turned on, it may not ever be fixed right.

I've done basic programming before in school, and another job. In complex processes it requires programming, testing, more programming, more testing, and more programming in a continued cycle, until it's right. It's not like starting up your car or using a remote control--where the hard work or programming has already been done for you.

I was totally against it, but after the 2 practice bids and awards, I can see where this will be a great improvement over what we do today. However, I have to do my part, because no one has a more vested interest in the quality of my schedule than me. It certainly can't be left in others hands to determine what a good schedule is for me. Let's be patient, let them get it right or near right, do our part, and I am convinced that we will never want to go back to line bidding.

They've had nearly a year (if not far longer) to "get it right" and FLICA is paid to do the programing and testing (I can only assume they are professionals and know what they are doing). Testing and running the results need only take minutes unless FLICA is working on a Commador 64. Hell, my phone could crunch those numbers in minutes. All of this on again/off again BS with PBS is just that, BS. Here we are just a little more than a week from going live with this thing and the last practice hasn't been published...and we're supposed to get one more practice before bidding?....here's a little note for the fella's in the alpa office; if you're not going to fly a line, at least get this fixed so that those of us who do won't get screwed! and I'm sure you guy's will do the least amount you have to do.

Latest resources

Back