• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA PBS Goes LIVE!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't mean to poke but what exactly is a practical solution to a 24 hour violation of the schedule posting timeline? I get that it is a violation but what are you saying they should compensate us with? 1 day earlier the following month maybe....!?!

How many "24 hour" violations have we had in the past year or two? In light of the above mentioned email stating awards on the 22nd it may not apply here but this kind of thing is not a one off occurrence, it's a pattern. If I had a pattern of dropping the ball as much as these people I sure as hell would've been called in to discuss my apparent inability do do my job with a CP a long time ago but all we get is "We're sorry, the server crashed", "We're sorry, Delta/United didn't get us the schedules in time", "We're sorry, we threw all the PBS work done in the past 6 months out the window and put steaming piles of dog squeeze trips out just to see if you would notice"...

When does it stop?

Why do we continue to ignore something that happens so regularly?

Why do I, a stoopid, out of touch line pylit who has set foot in the GO exactly twice in the past 2.5 years, know who Karin Henry is and why am I familiar enough with her to know that she spells her name with an "i" instead of an "e"? Might it have something to do with her monthly emails explaining why our lines, awards, and/or final schedules are delayed yet again? Hmmmm, could beeeeee..... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
How many "24 hour" violations have we had in the past year or two? In light of the above mentioned email stating awards on the 22nd it may not apply here but this kind of thing is not a one off occurrence, it's a pattern. If I had a pattern of dropping the ball as much as these people I sure as hell would've been called in to discuss my apparent inability do do my job with a CP a long time ago but all we get is "We're sorry, the server crashed", "We're sorry, Delta/United didn't get us the schedules in time", "We're sorry, we threw all the PBS work done in the past 6 months out the window and put steaming piles of dog squeeze trips out just to see if you would notice"...

When does it stop?

Why do we continue to ignore something that happens so regularly?

Why do I, a stoopid, out of touch line pylit who has set foot in the GO exactly twice in the past 2.5 years, know who Karin Henry is and why am I familiar enough with her to know that she spells her name with an "i" instead of an "e"? Might it have something to do with her monthly emails explaining why our lines, awards, and/or final schedules are delayed yet again? Hmmmm, could beeeeee..... :rolleyes:

Why do the reserve pilots only get 24 hours to bid on the supplemental reserve bid for days off? Thirty percent, that's right roughly 30% of our pilot group is on reserve. Why are we only allowed to view or schedules and bid for our days off for 24 hours or less? Where and how is our union protecting us here. That's right... They don't care about reserves. They decided to turn PBS live before the first PBS practice supplemental bid was even published. They did not even train or inform the PBS trainers how the supplemental bid would work. Thanks guys... Glad I pay you thousands per year for the privelidge.....

Last edited:
ok they are out, i checked around 7:40am and they were up.

I'm happy.

Ive been on reserve for a LONG time. No more!

20 days off, with vacation, RGT, 12 days straight off on vacation. Only flying 2- 4 Days.

Looks like they lowered the minimum window from 75hrs to 68.

most junior Capt. to hold a line is 405 out of 447ish.

BTW!!!!!!

Screw the red arrow days.

If everyone will start to populate the mutual trade board, we can get a schedule very close to one that would make most happy.

The more who participate, the better it works.

My line was not too bad.. I set my threshhold at 83 hours, got around 82 1/2 hours. 14 days off, partially late duty ins, late off, and early duty ins, early off. All 4 days, with 4 days off between 3 of them. All weekends off. Top 40% bidding.

I got the first 5 days of the month off with no integration to worry about, all weekends off (with the exception of one Saturday that I wanted to work) with 16 days off and I bid in the top 40%. I'll take it!

Last edited:
I'm also quite happy with the flexibility in this system. I like this much better than line bidding. I don't know if I'm allowed to say this though because it seems I can't be cool unless I complain about PBS. :)

Latest resources

Back