ASA pass travel-still unknown!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
atlcrashpad said:
I think it would really suck if mainline employees got priority (S3 vs S3C) on ASA or SkyWest flights. If that happened, I would love to see a mass F/A walk out/exodus.

I agree! ASA should have priority on ASA flights, PERIOD! This is going to be UGLY!

"Still negotiating"

Yeah, right.

Like when I went to the Ford dealer to pick up my new F-150 after I already wrote the check, then I sat down to negotiate pinstripes, floor mats, and a deluxe drink-holder. Lots of bargaining power there!

They (ASA mgmt) think we're so simple and stupid as to believe that that's how business works.....negotiating after the deal.

BULLCRAP!

The "uncertainty" and false hope is just an alternative to pleading with us: "please don't call in sick for Christmas and New Years'"

Here is MY prediction for January

MY prediction we will receive the following AFTER Chrismas!!!

To:ASA Team Members
Sam Watts, Vice President - People
Date:Jan. 2, 2005
Subject:UPDATE ON PASS TRAVEL

Fellow team members,

I know all of you are anxious to learn about our new travel benefits. I am pleased to announce that negotiations have JUST concluded after our holiday break in the G.O.

All ASA team members will now enjoy travel benefits on ALL Delta connection carriers as an S3D which ain't bad!! You will still be able to visit Dothan AL, and Scranton, PA. All Delta employees are now able to utilize an S2 priority on all ASA flight as apparently alot of them commute and will have to compete with you people.

We were able to secure this despite the current economic climate and despite our pilot group (greedy pilots, sitting up there drinking coffee in that little cockpit thingy!! stupid lazy!!............OH SORRY! got worked up!!!!)

I am also pleased to announce we will be increasing our flight attendant new hire classes to 19 per month and pilot classes to 11 per month for attrition of our employees with no vision. This represents a real opportunity for advancement for those who stay and are junior!!!

Thanks for all the hard work during the holidays, I wish you all could have been with my family in St. Lucia on Christmas. By the way we will need all those doctor notes ASAP. Also, United healthcare will not be covering the visits so expect a bill in your mail

Keep flying and keep working!!

BL

Last edited:
I heard since we're still married to the monster, DL pilots will be next in line for the Comair J/S, then other DCI, then OAL when we get CASS (if ever).

Hovernut said:
I heard since we're still married to the monster, DL pilots will be next in line for the Comair J/S, then other DCI, then OAL when we get CASS (if ever).

That's the way it is on DL mainline, too. Although I haven't seen any official paperwork, I'd imagine SkyWest would have priority on an ASA jumpseat as well.

Yeaaaaah.......I'm gonna need you to go ahead and come in on Sunday to......Mkay?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back