• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Out of MCN!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey, Wings Air is flying "state of the art Navajo Cheiftans, with 350 hp engines enabeling them to climb above most inclement weather". WTF Cheiftans haven't been state of any art in atleast 20 years, and the last time I flew one it was sorely unpressurised so I guess those TS are going to top out at like 5000 ft.

Do you have the link to that article? DL did announce they would leave MCN prior to being awarded EAS to MCN.

I check out the Macon Telegraph website, but you have to register to get the full article. I didn't want to waste my time registering for that snotrag.

Just go to the website and search the archives-use "pacific wings." You can see part of the article without registering-the part where it states that these clowns in caravans are taking over service from ASA.

Those morons in MCN will be praying for RJs again soon. They did this to themselves.

-Retards.

If you think this is "pork at it's worst", then you have no true clue what happens in Washington, or with it's crooks. EAS is the only break the airlines get- I think they deserve the subsidy- hell, they're taxed at a rediculous anyway. I look at it as a rebate.....

Besides, two million to run the route is a joke. The airplanes cost 1.2 million. Throw in fuel, maint, crew cost, and other labor- it won't last long before ASA, or another carrier, ends up with that EAS route.

This is why you can't get rid of pork spending in DC....Everyone wants to get rid of other peoples pork, but want to preserve their own....

The EAS program should be ended along with many other programs.....

This country can't afford ANY of it......

This is why you can't get rid of pork spending in DC....Everyone wants to get rid of other peoples pork, but want to preserve their own....

The EAS program should be ended along with many other programs.....

This country can't afford ANY of it......

Dead on.

Medeco

MMMMM, I feel the urge for some BBQ today. Washed down by some of 10nCLR's best Turkwise Kool Aid.

Everyone wants to get rid of other peoples pork, but want to preserve their own....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FWI_fLkw3k

You down with OPP (Yeah you know me) 3X
Who's down with OPP (Every last homie)
You down with OPP (Yeah you know me) 3X
Who's down with OPP (All the homies)

Sorry, just finished a 12 mile bike ride in 87 degree heat. I think I may have fried my brain. :smash:

Last edited:
Looks like I'm going to have to start paying more in gas and parking to get to ATL. ASA please don't leave. My company doesn't have a jumpseat agreement with this new airline. Macon isn't that bad of a place. Please stay... just a little bit longer... :erm:

Looks like I'm going to have to start paying more in gas and parking to get to ATL. ASA please don't leave. My company doesn't have a jumpseat agreement with this new airline. Macon isn't that bad of a place. Please stay... just a little bit longer... :erm:

Do you actually depend on 3 flights a day when it is only a short drive?

The Caravan is a very efficient airplane. In order to save gas I taxi on one engine and ...err keep the condition lever in low idle and stuff.

Latest resources

Back