ASA Out of MCN!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Texx

ASA will be ending service to MCN very soon. Here is the new airline and equipment is a Cessna Caravan.

After careful consideration of this matter, including the comments of the Mayors of both Athens and Macon, and after carefully reviewing all three carriers’ proposals, we have decided to select Georgia Skies’ Athens - Atlanta and Macon - Atlanta proposalsfor a combined annual subsidy of $2,437,692 for a new, two-year term beginning when the carrier inaugurates full EAS to both communities. The carrier’s proposal for Athens would provide 12 weekly nonstop round trips to and from Atlanta for an annual subsidy rate of $1,051,386; and the carrier’s proposal for Macon would provide 26 weekly nonstop round trips to Atlanta for an annual subsidy rate of $1,386,306.

The only reason they ever went there is the first place was that's where MTC was.

I'd rather ride on Groom Transpotation van than fly in a CE-208 from MACONGA........
bouyyyyyyyy.....

... we have decided to select Georgia Skies’ Athens - Atlanta and Macon - Atlanta proposalsfor a combined annual subsidy of $2,437,692 ...

As a taxpayer, this subsidy should royally piss you off. Macon is a 90 mile drive up the interstate. Athens is 82 miles -- hell, that's only twice my drive to work!

End the EAS program now. This is pork at its worst.

As a taxpayer, this subsidy should royally piss you off. Macon is a 90 mile drive up the interstate. Athens is 82 miles -- hell, that's only twice my drive to work!

End the EAS program now. This is pork at its worst.

If you think this is "pork at it's worst", then you have no true clue what happens in Washington, or with it's crooks. EAS is the only break the airlines get- I think they deserve the subsidy- hell, they're taxed at a rediculous anyway. I look at it as a rebate.....

Besides, two million to run the route is a joke. The airplanes cost 1.2 million. Throw in fuel, maint, crew cost, and other labor- it won't last long before ASA, or another carrier, ends up with that EAS route.

Besides, two million to run the route is a joke. The airplanes cost 1.2 million. Throw in fuel, maint, crew cost, and other labor- it won't last long before ASA, or another carrier, ends up with that EAS route.

It may pay off considering they pay their FO's $8hr and they also work the ticket counter and throw the bags...plus the van burns 350 to 400 pph

Well, if ASA comes back to MCN, they should charge a HELL of a lot just to get back at them.....

Latest resources

Back