Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA no longer taking any new hires from Flight Safety??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Lets see...maybe they don't because.....NO ONE CARES. Ask any given major airline pilot if they even know what Delta Connection Academy is...I'll bet 9 out of 10 have no clue. A bud of mine once asked a fairly senior AWA Captain if the majors preferred you to have attended a 141 school. His response was "whats a 141 school?"

Last edited:
I've done a fair amount of pilot interviews as well as pilot training. I second the notion that no one cares where you got your ratings. Flight schools use that angle to attract students to their schools but it doesn't make any difference once you get out in the real world. Being a DCA, FSI, ERAU, {insert your flight school name here} doesn't get your resume on the top of the stack.

Are you qualified? Are you the kind of person that we can get along with in the cockpit? Are you safe? etc... Those are the types of things that people look for when screening/training pilots.

C425Driver

P.S. Change your avatar, dude. Just don't replace it with a picture of you in the cockpit of your 172.

You guys need to mak up your fu_king minds. You think no self-respecting pilot with thousands of hours should take a job at a regional. And you're P.O.'ed at those regionals for not hiring self-respecting pilots with thousands of hours.

Has it occurred to you that the reason ASA hasn't hired those experienced pilots is because they're not applying? I spoke with two of our recruiters recently, and was told they're having trouble finding qualified applicants.

So what do you think would be competitive times? Maybe 2500 with 400 multi...Teaching students to fly 737 and 757. Not according to the head of HR at ASA

AAv8r said:
So what do you think would be competitive times? Maybe 2500 with 400 multi...Teaching students to fly 737 and 757. Not according to the head of HR at ASA
I don't know what's considered competitive anymore. To be honest, I don't even know what our hiring minimums are now. What I do know is that apparently most furloughed mainline pilots with, say, 5000 hours aren't interested in flying an RJ for $16K/year.

Can't say I blame them, either...

"The Guat"

Man i never laughed so hard on these boards. That was some funny stuff, what was that like a year ago? The Guat lives on!!!! Long live The Guat!

Rhoid said:
Thanks, so do I. Wish some people had more pride in their flight schools.

Is your first name Hemmor? Do you wear a flight suit and helmet when you are at the CRJ FTD?

Last edited:
Rhoid, you must be TabExpressFO in disguise or may have switched schools and must be drinking some new kool-aid.
My only advise to you is to stop being so gay 'cause if and when you get that "stepping-stone" job, that you think you have earned, peeps will figure you out in a heart beat. Stop being such a dork and get a hobby!

Latest resources

Back