Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA no longer taking any new hires from Flight Safety??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
hmmurdock said:
There are guys on the street with thousands of hours of flying time looking for work. It does'nt make any sense to hire a pilot with little experience.
You guys need to mak up your fu_king minds. You think no self-respecting pilot with thousands of hours should take a job at a regional. And you're P.O.'ed at those regionals for not hiring self-respecting pilots with thousands of hours.

Has it occurred to you that the reason ASA hasn't hired those experienced pilots is because they're not applying? I spoke with two of our recruiters recently, and was told they're having trouble finding qualified applicants.

~~~^~~~ said:
And how about you?

I will come to the defense of the Flight Safety guys. I've trained and flown with at least 10 of them and I thought they were all very good pilots. They seemed less likely to view ASA as a stop on their way to another airline and concentrated on doing the best they could. Our training department has also had a lot of good things to say about Flight Safety's graduates.

Greetings..

Flight Safety's training I am sure is excellent, I was just saying that there are a lot of guys with a lot of time out there looking, or maybe they are'nt.

Rob

Rhoid said:
What don't you like about my avatar?
Who puts a magazine add for their flight school in their avatar? I can see that you're a proud DCA student. Here's a clue, no one cares where you get your flight training. In the end its all about who you know, and your flight time. Its funny, I interviewed at an airline a while back with a few DCA guys. Most of them were good guys, but there were a couple of cocky "rhoids" in the group that seemed to think that someone owed them a job. Neither of them got hired. Point being, the school isn't going to get you a job, but your attitude will. Remember that bud.

ASA is still hiring students for the direct track program. 3 started this week as a matter of fact. Hope this answers your question.

Latest resources

Back