• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Newhire advice

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
>Hate to change the subject but....I wanted to know what the chances are of me getting a FO seat on the ATR instead of the jet? I am currently in the April 12th class<

Well, the new prelims show 4 openings on the ATR, so somebody is going to get it. ( I doubt anybody here now is bidding it) I have seen some cases - If you dont get what you want, you can switch with someone in your class if you can find someone who agrees, but it must be done on the 1-2 day. Im sure they dont make a habit out of this, but it doesnt hurt to ask!

Good

Gitta stated that 4-6 individuals would more than likely be going to the ATR from the Apr 12th class. I don't really know how they assign the aircraft now. When I went through it was by qualifications, but that is when they were assigning off the street E-120 CPT positions. Thank God it stopped during my class as I was scheduled for that position and in no way shape or form wanted it. I had the E-120 stuff memorized and the first day of systems, they pulled me from the class and put me on the ATR. Thats what I get for trying to be prepaired. :rolleyes:
I did hear a rumor that you could bid based on seniority. Seniority goes by birth date. The older are the most senior. Good Luck. A good friend of mine is also in that class. He wants the RJ.

I understand that the Company is no longer giving CRJ pilots a PRM. That they are instead issuing some training department made POS study guide (like we got on the E-120). Is that true?

Yep, that is true. A binder with photocopied pages inside. They sat this consolidates FCOM, and info from Bombardier, with our "current" POH. -AND- saves the company $$$$ as those PRM's, while pretty, are much more expensive.

shamrock said:
If you get the RJ, you may hear about a "study guide" written by one of our more exceptional Captains. DO NOT, repeat DO NOT, waste your money on it. It has a lot of phantom info that is nowhere to be found in any of our company manuals (limitations that don't exist, etc.) and info that is just wrong.

You'll only confuse yourself using it.

Here, here..........

What a waste of time and money. Luckily, I borrowed one first before wasting my money. It's not endorsed by the company at all.

I wonder if she files a Schedule C with the IRS for her self-employed extra income? Things that make you go HHHHHmmmmmmmm................................

Originally posted by Tim47SIP
It is free

How do you figure? Unless she stopped charging $25 for them.

LTG:eek::D

Last edited:
yep

I had the "pleasure" of flying a 4 day with her. I asked her about the guide and she said she stopped charging for it long ago becase so many people were copying it behine her.

She emailed me a copy of it, as she says she will for anyone, and it seemed ok, i do like the CB resets that she made.

If anyone in the training dept. sees you with this they will laugh and give you a hard time about all the wrong info, which it does have a lot of.

Someone mentioned the CD rom fwom Carlos C. and it is good and updated, I'll try to post his email.

Medeco

Re: yep

Medeco said:
I had the "pleasure" of flying a 4 day with her.

Entire month for me:eek:

I may have been a little harsh about the guide. Some parts are somewhat useful, but new hire training is not the time to use it. After you've been on the RJ a while you'll be able to catch the errors, but as a new hire stick with the company information.

Medeco is right about the instructors giving you a hard time if they see you with it. They had some good laughs at my roommate when he quoted several limitations they had never heard of.

Well longtimegone

How do you figure? Unless she stopped charging $25 for them.

I guess you been gone a long time;)

Medco beat me to it, but last year when I got to retire from the mil a second time and was transitioning from the ATR to the RJ, I e-mailed her and she sent me the info free! It had been free for some time and it is free today. The 700 questions for the oral only have a few wrong answers (95% correct), and those wrong answers are minor changes that have occured in the last year. I admit that most of the references have changed, but if you look in the new 700 question guide, almost all of the references are incorect due to recent POH changes (unless there is a new one out that I don't know about). She did a great job with what she did, it helped me, and our training department has a lot to be desired. Many of our IP's forgot what the "I" was in their designation.

Re: Well longtimegone

Tim47SIP said:
I guess you been gone a long time;)

Well, when I went thru going on 2 years ago, she was still charging for it.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

LTG

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back