Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
By the way!

Flight station is not the only gig.

Abbots(sp) crew uniforms is an easy walk straight out the front door of the red roof, the street that goes beside the Mcdonalds(north).

Anyway, they have better service and if your like me and prefer to wear pants and shirts that are tailored for you then this is a better option than flightstation or JC Penny. Besides , the first uniform purchase is payroll deductible to $500 one time only and $25 out of the check once a month.

I have to agree with the head set comment, put them back as you exit(Jeeezzzz).

Welcome

medeco

I believe the FlightStation has prices pretty close to the mailorder headset places, plus you can payroll deduct and also they have a "testfly" policy where you can return them for a full credit if you don't like a certain type. At least they used to. Also, you might try looking on EBay, there are always a lot of them for sale there.

The only guys I know who actually wear the company headsets are either poverty stricken 1st year FOs or crusty old ex Bandit captains who wear them over baseball caps.

Abbots is way overpriced.

Get your slacks at JC Penny and buy your shirts on the internet.

Spend the money and buy the leather jacket, you won't regret it.

Shoes at DSW shoe warehouse.

Whatever is left you can get at Flightstation or Abbots.

re: Headsets

I would wait on the headset until you get to classs. Once you
get in and get your ALPA number, ALPA has a discount on
Sennheiser headsets on the website.

I've been buying uniforms at Abbott's since 1994, you get what you pay for. Abbott's will talior your unirom to your needs even a year or two after you buy it.

If you buy all of your uniforms at Abbott's as a new hire, it will only cost you $25.00 a month. Why not use ASA's free money for a year. Gary and Becky will go out their way to help you.

Just my 2 cents,

701EV

How much are the shirts, pants, and blazers at Abbott'?

Is there a consensus on whether it is better to have dry clean only clothes or washables?

701EV said:
I've been buying uniforms at Abbott's since 1994, you get what you pay for. Abbott's will talior your unirom to your needs even a year or two after you buy it.

If you buy all of your uniforms at Abbott's as a new hire, it will only cost you $25.00 a month. Why not use ASA's free money for a year. Gary and Becky will go out their way to help you.

Just my 2 cents,

701EV

Finally someone who believes in quality and customer service.

Medeco

That bus that runs past the Red Roof (72) ends up at MARTA stations in both directions. South/Westbound to the College Park station is only 5-10 minutes. From there, you can take MARTA downtown, to midtown, to Decatur, to the Lenox mall, etc. Each trip is $1.75 and includes bus-train or train-bus transfers.

A really cool restaurant that's still yet to be discovered by most of the aviation-types is the Brake Pad in College Park. It's an old converted gas station on Main Street. They've got good food, good drinks, and a nice patio to watch the trains go by.. heh. It's pretty reasonably-priced as well.

Other eating establishments of note: Grecian Gyro across from Wendy's, the original Chik-fil-A in Hapevegas, and there's a Quizno's near the Chik-fil-A...

Rat Roof

You would have better luck seeing a three legged dancer than you would a good uniform sales persons at flight station. Go to Abbots they make it hassle free and do a great job. Eat what you will around the area but you can't beat the Airpot View diner for lunch. Ask your instructor they will tell you where to go. To keep off the lbs go running around the G.O. and Renessaince hotel. Also FlightSafety has a little gym that helps retain what muscles you have and it's free.
Many of your fellow students will go home each weekend. You would be amazed how much fun you can have in Buckhead and East Atlanta. Go to Braves Games. You can make it a fun place if you get out and off of Virgina Ave. Stick around the first few weekends to get ahead on your checklist flow patterns, limitations, and immediate action items it will pay off come checkride time. Get your POH as soon as you can and learn the limitations and immediate action items cold.
Good Luck we are happy you are here.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back