• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Negotiations Suspended Indefinitely

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
:rolleyes:AAAAAAHHHHHHHH Yeaaaaaahhhhhhh! Driver, did you get the memo? Yeaaahhhhh! JA is going to cut their pay within about 6-8 months most likely mmmmmmmmkay! They will have ZERO to say about it! Get it!

The SLIDE will stop with US!! We will STRIKE...NO DOUBT!!

D'Angelo said:
Basically ALPO is just a big buisness. Nothing but worthless POS pricks who fill your head with fear, anger and lies

D, I've been reading your rantings in here for a few weeks and you continue to undermine your own message. You are as biased against ALPA as you claim they are against management/company/pilots. You're a hypocrite. You are as biased and idiotic as you claim ALPA is. Too bad people associate Comair with pr!cks like you, you're giving the entire group a bad rap.

FDJ2 said:
So the CMR pilots are pulling on the same side of the rope as the ASA pilots, how's that working out?

No they are pulling in a different direction. Each pilot group is looking out for itself and pulling in a different direction. It's not working at all - just look around.

FDJ2 said:
Please give me precise scope language that is "inclusive" and would prevent whipsawing, but remember, according to the RJDC, no pilot group can control an airlines code, so this language can not limit an airlines ability to outsource the flying to the free market.

"XYZ flying will be performed by pilots on the XYZ seniority list". You are allowed to contol code, but that should be done before the outsourcing is allowed. Once you allow it to happen, then you will be restricting other pilot groups who are being represented by the same union. That will not foster any solidarity and will result in a breakdown of the concept of a union, which is what is occuring now. Realistically FDJ2, I don't see this every happening, and I see a continuation of the present situation.

The only evidence you need is this. Union company being unreasonable, management says fine if you wont do it for this rate then we will get someone else to do it. Its not personal guys its just buisness. Management is not out to screw you and make your life miserable. They are there to assure a secure tomorrow. Outlandish rates means less job security. The key is finding a fair rate while keeping job security. Pilots arent any more important to the operation than rampers, fuelers, mx, ticket agents, dispatch, etc etc. Without them pilots would have no flying job. To think your more important than anyone else is simply the byproduct of an out of control ego fostered by yours truly at ALPO. They are the reason everyone is in this mess. They got greedy and now their bluff is being called.

D'Angelo said:
...Pilots arent any more important to the operation than rampers, fuelers, mx, ticket agents, dispatch, etc etc. Without them pilots would have no flying job. To think your more important than anyone else is simply the byproduct of an out of control ego fostered by yours truly at ALPO. They are the reason everyone is in this mess. They got greedy and now their bluff is being called.

Bravo! Bravo! Very eloquently put! *clap* *clap* *clap*

Flying Ninja said:
Bravo! Bravo! Very eloquently put! *clap* *clap* *clap*

They should change one of Dr. Dres songs. The new song should go like this. Whos tha man with tha master plan? A pilot with a paycut!.

:DMan, I can't tell you how nice it is to not have to read the "Drivel" that comes out of his IDIOTIC MOUTH!!

Yeah.....He's NOT a PILOT!!!:laugh:

sweptback said:
Exactly.

Plus, other factors. For instance, the 700 fleet just got approved for extended overwater operations. No other regional airline has that, or at least that's what they told me in recurrent last month. You can't tell me that after all this planning and dealing with the FAA to get certified, that SkyWest is going to transfer our airplanes and the future 900s away from us to an airline not capable of overwater operations, regardless of pilot pay (which is a very small subset of overall costs).

For what it's worth...

Our training department guys are currently at Skywest, briefing them on what needs to be done to get the extended overwater operations at Skywest. I got that from one of our training captains doing IOE on a new hire when I was on my last trip.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back