ASA Negotiations Suspended Indefinitely

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Pogue Mahone said:
Kind of like your ass monkey pal "conservative Dubya" and the hundreds of billions he's thrown at the Iraq "problem"

or the other ****************************** bag conservative dip ********************s in D.C and the trillions theve spent trying to keep people from hitting the bong.

ALPA and Liberals.

I guess we should decertify ALPA, vote Pat Robertson in to the White House and you be happier than a pig in sh1t, huh?

Actually I'm not happy about how much money the Republicans and Bush are spending. I would vote Libertarian if I thought they could win, but I'm afraid a vote for the Libertarian would only help the Democrats which would spend even more than the Republicans. We are spending money we don't have.

HoserASA said:
Hey, we neutralize each other then because I don't agree with anything (not most) of what you write! And, if you read my post again, you'll see I was referring to DeAngelo as the one I ignore. I just read your comments and shake my head.....

Hoser

I understood that it was DeAngelo that you were ignoring. My point was that nobody should "ignore" anyone. It is healthy to listen to ALL sides. Ignorance comes from ignoring. I know ALPA only wants you to listen to them, but I don't trust anyone that only wants me to listen to them - that raises suspicion.

Bizjet said:
You post on the ALPA board and make a fool of yourself there just as well as you do here. You love your little title, John Breiling, ASA LEC 112 Sec/Treas. If you had any self respect you would resign or do the job you were elected to do. You are so void of reason you don't care what the pilots that voted for you think of your dereliction of duty. You are truly the most self serving individual I have ever witnessed!

"Dereliction" means a "a failure in duty". If you haven't realised that ALPA has "failed", then you are in denial.

JoeMerchant said:
Actually I'm not happy about how much money the Republicans and Bush are spending. I would vote Libertarian if I thought they could win, but I'm afraid a vote for the Libertarian would only help the Democrats which would spend even more than the Republicans. We are spending money we don't have.

Aint that the truth! Bush spends like a democrat almost.

Retraction

JoeMerchant said:
Right on. We hit a common vein after all. It's too bad that in the screwy 2 party system that we call a "democracy" a vote for Libertarian is vote for the retards that are running the show now.

I retract my visceral statements regard your support of the current cartel and apologize for lumping you in with the tax and spent Replublicans.

Cheers to agreeing on something.
:beer:

JoeMerchant said:
The fact is they can't compete with their cost structure, even with the "cut" you are talking about.

And all along I thought it was DAL scope that was holding them back. So the CMR pilots can't compete. Thanks for the clarification Joe.

Pogue Mahone said:
Right on. We hit a common vein after all. It's too bad that in the screwy 2 party system that we call a "democracy" a vote for Libertarian is vote for the retards that are running the show now.

I retract my visceral statements regard your support of the current cartel and apologize for lumping you in with the tax and spent Replublicans.

Cheers to agreeing on something.

The Republicans are spending like drunken sailors - Democrats spend like drunken sailors with stolen credit cards....

FDJ2 said:
And all along I thought it was DAL scope that was holding them back. So the CMR pilots can't compete. Thanks for the clarification Joe.

Not on 70 seat flying. The total failure of ALPA scope has opened the barn door for open bidding on the free market. Now your DALPA, USAir MEC, and NWA MECs have underbid the CMR and Horizon rates to "recapture" the flying. We warned you that this failure would come home to roost and it has right on your doorstep. Welcome to the portfolio free-for-all....

Last edited:
JoeMerchant said:
Not on 70 seat flying. The total failure of ALPA scope has opened the barn door for open bidding on the free market.

But doesn't the RJDC support the "free market"? Isn't it the RJDC that states that no pilot group "owns" the flying? You seem to speak from both sides of your mouth Joe. Can a pilot group "own"/"control" the code or not?

Regardless, as you've already stated, the CMR pilots are not competitive for the flying. Thanks for that clarification.

FDJ2 said:
But doesn't the RJDC support the "free market"? Isn't it the RJDC that states that no pilot group "owns" the flying? You seem to speak from both sides of your mouth Joe. Can a pilot group "own"/"control" the code or not?

No, the RJDC supports effective inclusive scope. The current approach is neither effective, nor inclusive. The current approach to scope is based on an aribitrary aircraft size. After the arbitrary size is established, the one "owning" the scope raises a wall around what they haven't sold to subsidize their payrates, workrules, and retirement. There is little concern for the free for all on the other side of the wall. However that free for all eventually makes it over the wall and affects the "owners". Don't worry, it is too late to fix it in my opinion, and too late to have a single list on any of the properties at the majors. We will all now do what is best for each of us to the detriment of all of us.... you guys got what you wanted.....

Latest resources

Back