• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Negotiations Resume Today

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hopefully we will see some progress. I am very eager to hear how much the company moved in their vairious "proposals". I'd be willing to bet that since they have several that are pre-drafted, one contains good movement financially but lacks scope, and the other has scope, but does not provide much monetary movement. Thus we will not show much movement and end up looking foward to more dates sometime around late August, maybe September.

ASA will give the same contract and say its the best offer, why would they budge, they have no pressure by the pilot group or NMB.

The pressure will come from the fact that we can't recuit new pilots. Fact is we are losing more people than we can hire, which is more than we can train. We are shrinking and management has yet to do anything about it other than lowering the minimums. Problem with that is our training program isn't really designed for such low time pilots. Simply put, these pilots need additional training to suppliment their experience.

I predict the next move from management will come in the form of hiring bonuses for new hires that complete training. That of course will drive a wedge in the work group.

Personally, I'm glad that these negotiations have taken this long. The power is clearly shifting back toward labor. When we started negotiating, there was a pile of resumes for every one of our jobs. Now there are none. Back then, while we were making an undisclosed amount of money, airlines as a whole were losing big. Right now the industry is much more healthy.

Scope is important. But people, please keep the facts straight. Our flying has not been transferred to Skywest. If it was, it would have been considered the same as us staging a sick-out. We transferred 4 CRJ-700's, but took delivery of 4 CRJ-200's from the desert at the same time. Smoke and mirrors people!

I still believe a lot hinges on the Skywest Union drive. Some of the testimony should be alarming to those who sit on the other side of the fence. ALPA may not be perfect, but there is no doubt who's side of the table they are sitting at.

ASA is losing a lot of experienced pilots and they can't even replace them with inexperienced pilots.

This problem is only going to get worse but the idiots in mgt. are not fixing it. That is why I think they want ASA pilot group to shrink for some reason.

If the same old stuff happens after the next two days than all ASA pilots should be worried. I think that really means they are stalling for a reason that is not good for ASA pilots.

We are not losing more people than we can hire. Lately, we have actually come out ahead of where we were. We have finally hired more than we have lost. Our classes are being filled, but at the last minute, by a wider spread of low time guys than prior hiring sprees. Management is smart enough to realize that giving us a contract isn't going to get more people to stay. Actually, I think more would quit- many seem to be staying in an effort to collect their retro check.........a totally stupid notion. People are going to leave with or without a contract as long as the grass is greener on the other side of the fence- Delta, United, Continental, AirTran, etc.

I expect nothing to change- it's going to be the same old song and dance.

ASA is losing a lot of experienced pilots and they can't even replace them with inexperienced pilots.

This problem is only going to get worse but the idiots in mgt. are not fixing it. That is why I think they want ASA pilot group to shrink for some reason.

If the same old stuff happens after the next two days than all ASA pilots should be worried. I think that really means they are stalling for a reason that is not good for ASA pilots.

Idiots as far as management or mismanagement, yes. Smart as in stringing the contract along for nearly five years and the lacky from the NMB. The NMB guy is either stupid or scared. Cannot make a decision on his own. Bumbling idiot.

ASA will give the same contract and say its the best offer, why would they budge, they have no pressure by the pilot group or NMB.

That's what I have been saying, but no one is listening. All of their chips are on the CNC; I sure hope they have some good luck this week.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back