Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Negotiations grind to a halt (again)! ASA management out of touch with reality!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
.....until they run out of people to cover the trips. With all the 90 hour lines they'll be in trouble if they're as shorthanded as they say they are. I believe that's the point ohplease is trying to make.
thats exactly the point and like you said, with as high as the lines are blocked, it'll be the first 2 weeks of FEB. when the run out of JR. mans. It won't take long AT ALL.

thats exactly the point and like you said, with as high as the lines are blocked, it'll be the first 2 weeks of FEB. when the run out of JR. mans. It won't take long AT ALL.

What you and Shamrock are leaving out of the equation is that people are tripping over themselves to pick up this open time - especially the captains. Kinda like death and taxes - don't like either, but they are certain.

Last edited:
What you and Shamrock are leaving out of the equation is that people are tripping over themselves to pick up this open time - especially the captains. Kinda like death and taxes - don't like either, but they are certain.
you guy's want things to change, or not?

But you said on THIS thread that you're picking up this crap Ireshman!

STRIKE ASA!

What you and Shamrock are leaving out of the equation is that people are tripping over themselves to pick up this open time - especially the captains.

And all I'm saying is that even if people are "tripping over themselves" to pick up trips there's still likely to be only so much that can be done while keeping the schedules legal. Looking at Open Time on the FO side, I'd be hard pressed to fit 95% of the trips into my schedule, and the low block naps just aren't worth the trouble. It seems that with so many people already flying close to 90 hours next month all those 3 and 4 day trips I've been seeing will be a hard sell if they continue to show up there.

If you want to pick up trips then have at it, but of all the excuses you could come up with to justify your choice, "If I don't do it, someone else will" is definitely the weakest. I think the Company has painted themselves into a corner and now they are (as usual) looking to us to save their bacon. Time to pay the piper, boys!

Actually that's not quite true. Only the very senior people have not gotten raises(me). Everyone with less than 16 years of service has been getting their regular raises.

And again, let's remember that the 50 seat rates are higher than ASA's.

But I still VOTED NO!

Longevity pay increases are NOT COLA increases...and how is it that SIA was able to negotiate continued longevity increases beyond those of the pilots out to 23 years(longer than any FA's have been here)?

Actually that's not quite true. Only the very senior people have not gotten raises(me). Everyone with less than 16 years of service has been getting their regular raises.

And again, let's remember that the 50 seat rates are higher than ASA's.

But I still VOTED NO!

If you're as senior as you say you are you must remember that prior to 9/11 we always got both longevity and COLA increases?!!

Gr82,

I was just pointing out that most people got SOME type of raise instead of a pay cut as someone else said. Regardless of what you call it, most people's hourly rate is/will be higher this year than last year. We used to get both but your SAPA representatives agreed to trade away the COLA increases for the Performance Rewards. And lastly the reason management doesn't give us much is that they know we'll take whatever they offer...see the last pay vote!

That's why I VOTED NO

Latest resources

Back