Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Negotiations grind to a halt (again)! ASA management out of touch with reality!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah and the company is laughing all the way to the bank. They were going to pay pilots double time to pick up trips but then they said "why should we pay them anymore than what they would get paid if we jr man them".

If I don't pick it up at 150%, someone else will - either voluntarily or by force.

If I don't pick it up at 150%, someone else will - either voluntarily or by force.
true but, if you (we) don't pick it up and it becomes forced, at some point scheduling will run out of pilots to force and at that point it starts to impact the operation...which in turn leads to someone maybe being held accountable...just maybe

true but, if you (we) don't pick it up and it becomes forced, at some point scheduling will run out of pilots to force and at that point it starts to impact the operation...which in turn leads to someone maybe being held accountable...just maybe

True, but if I don't, someone else will. So if I don't pick it up, I am just hurting myself.

Ditto. And "Fighting Irish," that's one ironic name you've picked for yourself, isn't it?

-Blucher

So if I don't pick up open time at 150%, we will have a new contract with a big raise? What happens if someone else picks it up, or if someone is drafted for it?

By the way, I don't think it is ironic that I would choose my alma mater for a username. Doesn't mean I am opposed to a fight I think I can win.

I agree with it also - IN THEORY. However I also know how pilots operate, and if I don't pick it up, someone else will.
well, IN THEORY, if you change your thought process on the issue and maybe suggested the idea of not picking it up to others, at some point a difference could be made here. Trust me when I tell you this, even if you don't voluntarily pick up open time, you'll get your shot a 150% flying. It might not be the most convenient for you but it'll come.

I agree with it also - IN THEORY. However I also know how pilots operate, and if I don't pick it up, someone else will.

.....until they run out of people to cover the trips. With all the 90 hour lines they'll be in trouble if they're as shorthanded as they say they are. I believe that's the point ohplease is trying to make.

Latest resources

Back