• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Nap Reserve

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The guys with nap reserve in SLC ski 5 days/wk...not that bad.

bailout said:
If you're on nap reserve at ASA make sure you pack for at least a 4 day trip.

If they call you for a nap and once you are dutied in, they CANNOT change it to anything that doesnt end in your domicle the same duty period.

They can change it into a non-nap (have you do a later flight out the next day where there are multiple flights/crews), and then do whatever they want. Does that make any sense? Of course not, but think about who we're talking about.

-Blucher:bomb:

rausda27 said:
Hey trying to work out my schedule for May, need to work around my wifes schedule for our kid. Anyone currently on Nap reserve at ASA, how is scheduling treating you. Are you getting called often and are they keeping you on Naps or are they calling you for daylines the night before?

I want to bid nap reserve but I heard that they are using the nap reserve guys for day lines.

If you cant work it out, I hear there will be some xjt pilots available for babysitting detail maybe in the near future.

Read #3. Once you duty in, you are on a CDO. They cannot change it. Period. They might tell you they can, but they cannot.

2. Continuous Duty Overnights (CDO’s)

a. On a CDO, a pilot may be scheduled or rescheduled to remain on duty for up to fifteen hours and fifteen minutes (15:15), including deadheading, subject to the following:
(1) A pilot may be scheduled or rescheduled to depart his domicile no more than two (2) times, and both departures shall precede the break in paragraph B.2.a.(2), below;
(2) There is at least a five (5) hour scheduled or rescheduled break, from block in to block out, between two of the legs;
(3) The duty period is scheduled or rescheduled to end at the pilot’s domicile;
(4) A pilot will not be scheduled or rescheduled for more than five (5) take-offs.

Bailout,

I stand corrected. I wasn't focusing on the already being dutied-in part of it. What I've seen happening a lot lately is calling during a nap reserve window and then giving a non-nap assignment. Which I find really special. In fact, I was part of a crew the other day with one pilot on nap reserve and the other on 10 am reserve, WTFO? Short pilots? Then hire some more!!!

-Blucher:puke:

Yes, they can do that because there is no such thing as "nap reserve". People tend to call it that, but it is no different than any other reserve period except for the time of day you can be called. What i was referring to above, was scheduling has many times called someone in for a nap, and when they get to the airport, they would call, or have a message that they are now going a 3 day,(or whatever). That is what they cant do, although alot of people didnt know that and left on a 3-4 day with no clothes.

We call it nap reserve cause usually that is what you fly with 8 or 9 pm duty ins. But not always.

I did go to Nueva Luna but earlier cause I had the 7 am duty in. 2 for 1 happy hour though. No chicas, or band then.

Latest resources

Back