ASA Nap Reserve

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

rausda27

Hey trying to work out my schedule for May, need to work around my wifes schedule for our kid. Anyone currently on Nap reserve at ASA, how is scheduling treating you. Are you getting called often and are they keeping you on Naps or are they calling you for daylines the night before?

I want to bid nap reserve but I heard that they are using the nap reserve guys for day lines.

How do you get "Nap Reserve?" Last time I bid it, they gave me reserve at 05:-0. Then they would call at 11:-0, put me to rest and back on reserve at 19:-0 until 23:-0. Talk about a screw job. Those ba$tards figured out how to double dip on reserve. There is nothing in our contract that prohibits this sort of crap. No, "nap reserve" isn't a panacea unless your an FO and they are so fat on FO's that they don't care.

And... I've seen several FO's who were on reserve who were scheduled for CDO without the 8 in 24 look back. Reserve is still a battle at ASA and will be until we get contract langauge to restrain the schedulers more satanic impulses.

Last edited:
rausda27 said:
Hey trying to work out my schedule for May, need to work around my wifes schedule for our kid. Anyone currently on Nap reserve at ASA, how is scheduling treating you. Are you getting called often and are they keeping you on Naps or are they calling you for daylines the night before?

I want to bid nap reserve but I heard that they are using the nap reserve guys for day lines.

Calls every day, morning, noon and night. 4 day trips, naps, day lines. It's terrible...

Don't know if I want to jinx myself but after this last assignment I guess it doesn't matter.

I have been bidding capt 50 seat nap reserve for 6 mnths or so(by faxing in a request sheet) and up until this month it has been ok for me. Flew 7 naps for 15 hrs in Feb., 11 naps for 26 hrs in Mar. But they have become short again this month and ran out of day reserve guys and had extra nap reserves so I am on a 20 hr 3 day right now sitting in stinking MTY. So yes they are using nap guys for day trips now and am guessing nap reserve won't be so nice any more.

I guess I will see next month how it goes.

What are you doing on the Computer? Back away from that thing, go straight to Nueva Luna, start with the margaritas they serve in a bucket and move up to tequila. In two hours they will have a band with a girl who looks and sounds just like Shakira - Whenever, where ever, do di do. You never know, you might end up getting a volkswagen ride to the top of one of those grand Haciendas in the hills. Some of them have pools and hot tubs - good times!

Of course, this is only if you have a late duty in and know how to work with the Mexican Police. For some reason they don't care much for gringos getting caught out at 04 : 30 with several chica's.

Last edited:
rausda27 said:

Welcome to America's Sh!tt!est Airline. Give it up Dan, your life is over!

jeroom said:
Can someone explain what the hell is a nap reserve??

You bid reserve and you an "request" certain reserve times. Nap reserve is for the continuous duty overnights and are from 6PM - Midnight or 7PM to Midnight.

If you're on nap reserve at ASA make sure you pack for at least a 4 day trip.

If they call you for a nap and once you are dutied in, they CANNOT change it to anything that doesnt end in your domicle the same duty period.

Latest resources

Back