Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA name to go away

No, it is true. We are going to be losing the Delta Connection off our wings also. I was in Robert Connely's office the other day and he said it will be happening quickly. I am not sure about the ASA name whether we are going to lose that, but the Delta Connection off the wings will be gone soon.

This was to be expected. If and when ASA starts flying other feeds, it beats having to wear different brass for each trip.

No, it is true. We are going to be losing the Delta Connection off our wings also. I was in Robert Connely's office the other day and he said it will be happening quickly. I am not sure about the ASA name whether we are going to lose that, but the Delta Connection off the wings will be gone soon.

It says Delta Connection on the wing? Which plane?

i said our company's name once on an announcement and later told by the FA that some lady asked if we were the same as the toothpaste company...another asked about water softener

i said our company's name once on an announcement and later told by the FA that some lady asked if we were the same as the toothpaste company...another asked about water softener

Classic! I'll bet in the 80's you could have used the line, "Colgan, Take me Away!"

MM

It says Delta Connection on the wing? Which plane?
Maybe you misunderstood me. The wings you wear on your chest. They say Delta Connection on them, that is supposed to be going away with new wings when they come. Again, how true this is, I don't know, but it did come from a chief pilot.

Be sure to discretely include the phrases like "Delta ramp operations" or "Delta personnel" in PAs to explain delays or lack of parking.

Last edited:
There you go, blame it all on Delta, I am all for that. Was on CNN today US AIR was the worst for on time performance for May. It's time to have someone else on the bottom.

More than likely related to the new marketing arm of a post-bankruptcy Delta. Notice on the new connection livery that the airline's logo is limited in size. All part of Delta's effort to make the mainline/connection carrier differences transparent to traveler. But if you want to make it into another 'ASA is going away' thread, I'm sure the chorus will join in soon.

Until something goes wrong, then all the sudden "Well, to all the clueless media people! never mind we sold tickets as Delta connection flight 5191, let me make it clear to you that this flight is operated by Comair. This is not one of our airplanes! Yes, we are sorry but it's "Comair flight 5191" as posted on our Delta website. It was not operated by Delta" It was classic.

Last edited:
Delta is a very good operation. But, I don't think they can "assume" safety, or quality off their property.

To be successful in the market Delta is establishing, they need to manage the brand. Stopping the DCI turf wars which pit every employee against every other employee would go a long way towards creating the seamless experience for our passengers that is needed to be successful...

Last edited:
Delta is a great airline. As with any airline they have their good and bad. I still want to re-open Dallas.

Latest resources

Back