ASA name to go away

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

IamHYPOXIC2

I just finished working my 10 days out of 12 at ASA; (6on 2off 4on) typical for month-month transition around here. In that time I've heard that the FA's received a memo stating that they were NOT to mention the "ASA" name in their announcements--they are only to say "DELTA CONNECTION". I just wonder if all the DAL connection FA's were told the same thing. In addition, a new hire I flew with stated that JA has informed the new hires that the ASA name is going away. So, whether its good or bad I dont know. But I can guarantee that my announcements will specifically say "ATLANTIC SOUTHEAST AIRLINES". After all, I didn't get that memo.

I just finished working my 10 days out of 12 at ASA; (6on 2off 4on) typical for month-month transition around here. In that time I've heard that the FA's received a memo stating that they were NOT to mention the "ASA" name in their announcements--they are only to say "DELTA CONNECTION". I just wonder if all the DAL connection FA's were told the same thing. In addition, a new hire I flew with stated that JA has informed the new hires that the ASA name is going away. So, whether its good or bad I dont know. But I can guarantee that my announcements will specifically say "ATLANTIC SOUTHEAST AIRLINES". After all, I didn't get that memo.

More than likely related to the new marketing arm of a post-bankruptcy Delta. Notice on the new connection livery that the airline's logo is limited in size. All part of Delta's effort to make the mainline/connection carrier differences transparent to traveler. But if you want to make it into another 'ASA is going away' thread, I'm sure the chorus will join in soon.

Last edited:

Jerry A. came to an ASA new hire class?

Trojan

Wow... The company sucks so bad they don't want you to say the name to the customers??? Now that's funny...

Just do it.

If you don't mention your regional airline name to the customers, then they think we all make 150K/year and drive hot cars with huge homes. I make it a point to never say, "Northwest Airlink" in my pax announcements. It's all an attempt to hide the regional partners, i.e. the pool of slave labor. "ASA" away, guys and gals...

MM

As another brand of Delta Connection, we are also prohibited from mentioning our company name. Continental also does this.

Conspiracy theorists unite, but I think your idea that they are hiding the slave laborers is over the top. It is an effort to show transparency, plain and simple.

No, it is true. We are going to be losing the Delta Connection off our wings also. I was in Robert Connely's office the other day and he said it will be happening quickly. I am not sure about the ASA name whether we are going to lose that, but the Delta Connection off the wings will be gone soon.

Latest resources

Back