• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA moving CRJ-200s to MEM? Rumor

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's Rendez-vous. And I think Corky's on Poplar is better.

Corky's is a tourist trap. I had to turn into a slam-clicker because every fricking MEM overnight one of the FA's just HAD to go to Corky's and was hurt when I said hell to the no.

Corky's is a tourist trap. I had to turn into a slam-clicker because every fricking MEM overnight one of the FA's just HAD to go to Corky's and was hurt when I said hell to the no.

Corky's isn't that bad, sauce is a little on the sweet side, tho.

yeah yeah been hearing that for awhile now, did SH tell you that in recurrent

Ed Bastian, President of Delta Airlines, stated in the conference call today to analysts that some of the capacity decrease for next year(1-3%) would consist of removing more RJs. You can read it in the Q&A section of the conference call done by Seeking Alpha.

From Mike Linenberg of Deutsche Bank about capacity being down next year by 1-3%, "What's impacting that number?"

Ed Bastian, "It's taking some more of the regional jets out and shifting some plans of modest slow growth into South America. Just a modest shift, no strategic change."

Godspeed!

OYS

Last edited:
Is this the same Ed Bastian that was talking about reducing the number of DCI carriers and realizing the cost effectiveness of Delta's wholly owned partners? That wasn't too long ago, and look where we are now. Sell off most of the wholly owned's and heck, add a new DCI carrier to the mix. No one knows what's going to happen, and that includes Delta Air Lines.

Is this the same Ed Bastian that was talking about reducing the number of DCI carriers and realizing the cost effectiveness of Delta's wholly owned partners? That wasn't too long ago, and look where we are now. Sell off most of the wholly owned's and heck, add a new DCI carrier to the mix. No one knows what's going to happen, and that includes Delta Air Lines.

Really? What are the current numbers of 50 and 70/76 seaters this year compared to the last two? Comair will be down to 44 planes by next year, and Gojets is just getting CR7s from Skywest and ASA, the same planes just recycled. The cap for those planes has not increased, and the number of 50 seaters has dropped significantly. ASA has shifted many to United, Mesa's Freedom Air was dropped, and Comair has shrunk. You don't think Delta is serious about cutting back on the fuel inefficient and costly RJs? The new FAA fatigue rules probably won't help either....

Godspeed!

OYS

ASA has to maintain 80% of all connection flying in ATL. Pulling them out raises the other connection carrirers percentage and lowers ASA's.

I doubt it...

Who knows what that percentage is now, and if they reduce all connection flying out of Atl then the 80percent might not matter much...

Who knows what that percentage is now, and if they reduce all connection flying out of Atl then the 80percent might not matter much...

You're right. Delta will probably replace 90% of CRJ200,700, and 900 flying out of Atlanta and replace it with 900 flights a day on Maddogs, DC-9s, and 737s. And they're going to do it all in the next 7 months.

Yeah I'd go with that theory.

Latest resources

Back