Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

enuffalready

Just speculation, but....

My guess is that as oil rises the major will be placing more and more larger jets at regionals. its pretty clear the 70 & 90 are the future of regionals. Will ASA see any of these?

Go ahead, flame away, but I truly have no desire to go to a major and would love to see these at ASA.

Last edited:
I think Delta still owns 40 of our 50's. Wouldn't be surprised to see those go at some point. Whether they replace those with something else who knows...

I'm getting the resume ready

Don't forget that we have to have by contract 80% of all DCI flying in ATL. Now unless Delta plans on dismantling ATL, or making it a mainline only airport, we are in pretty good shape. Talking to Charlie the other day in the crew lounge, he said that we are safe from any merger scenario from losing our contract with Delta. The only risk associated is performance, and frankly, we are kicking ass in that department. If Delta does remove those 40 200's, they will have to be replaced to maintain our % of the DCI flying. Also keep in mind that we are by far the largst DCI carrier by like 2 to 300 flights a day over Comair. Not to long ago the company published the numbers of flights per day for all of the DCI carriers, and it was a substancial number. Anyone remember any specifics from that memo?

Edit: I know I can't spell, there is no reason for any of the nerds on here to point it out.

I just can't help but wonder why Delta does not want their largest connection carrier flying larger RJ's out of their largest hub. That seems to be the card we're dealt. The most telling clue is that hiring/upgrades are shut down for the forseeable future, so don't expect anything coming ASA's way.....what happened to all that excitement over how much was coming our way after we settled the contract??? Remember, that was the only thing holding us back!

i agree... that was what i was thinking. The future is larger RJ's and the way it appears is that we are not getting any. Not sure why not, but it appears that we are not. You would think we would be cranking 70 and 76 seaters to help delta make more money with basically no additonal costs. I know we will most likely never see 170'S OR 175'S, but i guess I thought we would be on track to get lots of 70's and 90's after the contract. It appears that growth with be at skywest... oh well

Last edited:
I know we will most likely never see 170'S OR 175'S, but i guess I thought we would be on track to get lots of 70's and 90's after the contract. It appears that growth with be at skywest... oh well

ASA/Skywest must do 80% of the DCI flying out of ATL, not just ASA. No one promised addition flying to ASA when a contract would be signed. As the on time performance improves, that will be the only sign we get more flying. No iron clad contract can deliver on a promise of more flying without showing the numbers to back it up. I have a feeling fuel conservation will be stressed even more as a marketing ploy to gain additional flying.

I disagree, the DCI agreement for the sale of ASA to Skywest said that ASA would have 80% of the DCI flying in ATL.

I disagree, the DCI agreement for the sale of ASA to Skywest said that ASA would have 80% of the DCI flying in ATL.

Sky West's Annual report for 2007 is out. Check out SkyWest.com, click on investor relations, and click annual reports. It talks a little bit about Sky West INC's position in ATL. It's good stuff and very informing. At least it will kill some of the flightinfo speculation.

Trojan

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back