Asa Mgt. Propaganda

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
atrdriver said:
If they were serious about getting a contract done they would show up at the negotiations prepared, with some idea of what is going on here and at other carriers. Yet, they continue to arrive at the table unprepared, and with proposals that are without doubt regressive to our current contract.

If they really want to get something done, then they will get rid of the entire management negotiating team and replace them with some who are responsible, can make decisions, and will be prepared for each session. Until that happens, I'm afraid that we will continue to wallow at the negotiating table.

Skip and Chuck, if you are listening, get this through your heads. We might have been amenable to a "zero net gain" or "zero sum" contract, at least for a time, had you been treating us with some kind of respect over the past few years. But you haven't. You continue to violate our current PWA, and treat us as part of the problem. You are starting to see some unity with these picketings, but you haven't seen anything yet. We are your greatest asset. Maybe you should start treating us as such.
Great post. I will vote NO! unless we get full retro among other things.
It is amazing that the company is posting this crap about being competitive. The fact is, this airline could be run very efficiently and competitively with a contract we all agree on if we had a management group that was not so inept.

Right ON!!! I will never vote for a contract that does not have 100% retro pay. NEVER! Palerider is right on, management will have won a victory and Chuck will get a big bonus if we do not get FULL 100% RETRO PAY!!!

ASAFO

letthebigdogeat said:
I couldn't make it today, how many showed?

I was there in the morning. We had extra people in reserve for each approved location. Some local news showed, but until we head to the aiport I don't think it will get much air time. I agree with the MEC decision to start at the GO and let Skip and the boys look out the window as we walked. We will be heading to the airport soon enough.

On a side note, we did get the the old "one finger salute" from a management In-Flight supervisor that was getting out of a van with Delta Connection painted on the door. Lucky for him the camera was rolling!

The new Abort MEC magazine points out that we have been in negotiations for 26 months ---- and have TA'd only 1/3 of the sections of our contract!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is unbelievable! AND THIS WAS THE EASY STUFF! At this rate, it will take 78 months to get a contract!!!! This is OVER 6 YEARS!!!!!!! How can this be allowed to go on like this? Hopefully, the picketing will help.

On a side note, I was in the hotel van this AM in ATL, and some pax were in the van and talking bad on ASA, being to blame for missing their flight out the night before.......it seems they were told by gate agents that they were missing their flight because ASA pilots were going on strike, and were picketing instead of flying them to their destination!!! Nice..........

79%N1:

You are not kidding. On Monday, an airport vendor repaired a machine and tossed the broken coin holder next to a garbage can on D. ( After all, it was garbage ) Someone decided it looked like a bomb, so they evac'd most of D concourse. When my crew came up the elevator we were "secured" in the South side of D and held by Police along with about 1,000 pax. Our airplane was on the north end of D.

We called our dispatcher using our cell phones. The company did do a great job of realigning operations on to C concourse & finding another RJ. Thanks to Airtran we were able to get over to C and got the flight out 25 minutes late ( after walking from D2 to C30 something ).

Our thanks for our effort was a "crew delay" by operations and a bunch of snide questions over the radio from the "RooG" girl working the radio. The agents on C were angry that an extra flight was added to their gates & let the passengers know it.

Oh - and the 30 gates on C have not had a Departure Coordinator in the last few weeks. I saw a girl who used to be a departure coordinator hiding in the room under the north end of the concourse - but she never does anything, so I'm not sure what her job is ( maybe she is the departure coordinator ). In the absence of a Departure Coordinator the "ROG.." girl just enters "crew delay" when she takes the times.

This treatment makes a guy pretty motivated to walk around in circles. Unfortunately our permit limits the number of pilots that can actually picket, but there is no limit to the number of pilots who can stand around and support them.

~~~^~~~

Last edited:
asarjfo said:
On a side note, we did get the the old "one finger salute" from a management In-Flight supervisor that was getting out of a van with Delta Connection painted on the door. Lucky for him the camera was rolling!
Who was this Supervisor????

As far as participation, we need as many people to show up as possible. H ell, there was even a guy who finished up a nap yesterday, and then pulled a double duty picketing. Either show up and help out, or forever be banished from complaining about our contract.

Last edited:
Crew Delay... That is completely unacceptable. They are there own worst enemy and they have now idea how bad it is going to get around that place. Especially with that kind of behavior towards the flight crews.

Bring it on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back