• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA MEC response to loss of aircraft

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The problem is that your fans are leaving your ballpark in droves to come to our games. If you guys aren't careful the only thing they will show up for of yours is international flights. I mean the allstar game. Pinnacle is now operating more flights out of DTW than anyone... including you. That my man is like standing there watching the third strike go by with the bat on your shoulder.

Really? Which airline is losing planes? DL owns the CR7s, and moves them around at will. At the same time DL orders 100 domestic 739ERs, and will order 100 seaters, which just aren't for sale by the pilot group. Wow, PNCL operates more flights out of DTW! How about LAX, SLC, JFK, MCO, ATL, MSP, CVG, SEA, etc? Your 50 seaters are dying, Saabs going away, and your 76 and 70 seaters are capped. And, if you don't play, it seems DL will trade you in for Gojets. How many strikes is that for you? Wait, you still haven't hit a ball all game.

Bye Bye--General Lee

really? Which airline is losing planes? Dl owns the cr7s, and moves them around at will. At the same time dl orders 100 domestic 739ers, and will order 100 seaters, which just aren't for sale by the pilot group. Wow, pncl operates more flights out of dtw! How about lax, slc, jfk, mco, atl, msp, cvg, sea, etc? Your 50 seaters are dying, saabs going away, and your 76 and 70 seaters are capped. And, if you don't play, it seems dl will trade you in for gojets. How many strikes is that for you? Wait, you still haven't hit a ball all game.

Bye bye--general lee

pow!!!

Really? Which airline is losing planes? DL owns the CR7s, and moves them around at will. At the same time DL orders 100 domestic 739ERs, and will order 100 seaters, which just aren't for sale by the pilot group. Wow, PNCL operates more flights out of DTW! How about LAX, SLC, JFK, MCO, ATL, MSP, CVG, SEA, etc? Your 50 seaters are dying, Saabs going away, and your 76 and 70 seaters are capped. And, if you don't play, it seems DL will trade you in for Gojets. How many strikes is that for you? Wait, you still haven't hit a ball all game.

Bye Bye--General Lee

I'm ALL for you keeping ALL of the flying. Don't give up scope anymore. You have drawn "the line in the sand" with RJ's. We are all watching you now. Don't screw it up again. We both have the same goal here.

Cybourg10,Nevets, and aircombat...

Let me turn this around. Based on the job we do now compared to 30 years ago and based on inflation, the job we do now should pay about 250K a year with a pension plan that pays about 150k a year starting at age 60...Shouldn't we push for that? That's what this job paid then....Why not push for that?

So considering your point, I ask a few simple honest questions.

What contract improvements are you against? Are you willing to give anything up? Should XJT pilots take concessions in the new contract?

I'm ALL for you keeping ALL of the flying. Don't give up scope anymore. You have drawn "the line in the sand" with RJ's. We are all watching you now. Don't screw it up again. We both have the same goal here.

That line was extended by a BK judge, and you know that too. It was NOT extended during the joint contract talks with NWA, either.

Bye Bye---General Lee

That is based on what this job paid 30 years ago adjusted for inflation...Is that unreasonable in your opinion? If so, why?

Sorry Joe,

Your suggestion is beyond unreasonable, it is absurd. Thirty years ago regional airlines didn't sell capacity to network carriers, thirty years ago regional jets didn't exist, thirty years ago there were no hub/spoke systems and deregulation had just begun.

Network carriers will continue to outsource to the lowest cost option. There will be new carriers (Compass) created to discourage high cost mature regionals, which will soon cease to exist, (Commair).

Welcome to the real world, welcome to economics 101, welcome to capitalism, where profit is king.

Sorry

GL,

I'm all for you taking back Delta flying. What bothers me greatly is how the almighty D has added yet another regional to the fray. The race to the bottom literally continues. Unlike Joe, I am unwilling to give up more to maintain the status quo. My hope is that one day we cease to exist because our pilots are needed at Delta, or other mainline carriers. This place sucks, and I can't wait until I get to leave for greener pastures. But until then, I will continue to push for a contract that makes life for my family and I more livable. Any sane man in this situation would do the same.

One would think the mainline pilot would want the highest paid regional with the best work rules flying their logo. Otherwise it's used against them eventually. Also with asa's need to realign cost... 2 rebrandings-move out of atech go back to atech-outsource certain maint-bring it back in. The list goes on and on highlighting the mismanagement. If it wasn't for the front line employees being professional and carrying the operation the numbers would be a darker shade of red. Gains we shall gains we must. FU-PM.

That line was extended by a BK judge, and you know that too. It was NOT extended during the joint contract talks with NWA, either.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Just to be clear, are you saying that a Judge imposed the scope rules on Delta pilots with them having no say whatsoever? I was pretty sure no mainline pilot group has EVER had anything imposed on them by a BK judge. They have ALWAYS voted to take what the judge suggested. Please correct me if I am wrong, at least in regards to Delta.

Latest resources

Back