Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

"GO AROUND"

Again?!?!?
Is the metting the MEC is having today open or closed to the pilot group?

I was talking to a P2P and they were saying that a strike vote was going to be discussed among other things. Pretty pathetic that it has come to this point.

You must to be stupid if you would support a strike @ ASA giving the current conditions with Delta @ Skywest.

Hey the ballgame has completely changed since we have been switched teams.

Lets go over the facts:

It doesn't matter about Delta, we are not on their balance sheet. Yes, it would be death for us if they liqudated, but I don't think anyone sees that in the near future. We are now a PROFITABLE division of Skywest Inc. and have been since day one. Our rates have already been affirmed in courts. Point is, there is still money on the table.

Aside from the 70 rates, Skywest pilots make more than ASA. They have done so while flying for what is now 2 bankrupt carriers. All the while, they have saved up enough money to buy another carrier rather than pass that money on to those who earned it. And you think a strike-vote is not wise? Unreal! Please step away from the Kool-Aid stand.

I guess a poll of the pilots to decide who's in favor or not is the idea.

msr said:
You must to be stupid if you would support a strike @ ASA giving the current conditions with Delta @ Skywest.

From your view it might be, but some people see the real ASA from the inside. Beside a strike vote does not allow the pilots to walk, it takes somebody that lives in a house in DC, it might be white. Just a guess.

A good company would match payrates when it acquired another company. If skywest doesn't give you at least what they make, (and fast), I would strike. From a certain point of view, it can be considered discrimination if they don't.

msr said:

It is idiots like this that have us in the situation we are in now. Please grace us with your infinite wisdom, oh great MSR!?!

Strike vote now!

It's poker face time. Who's bluffing? Or is the company even enlightened enough to know how pissed off the pilot group is? They have seemed too stupid to know up until now.
I'm kinda optimistic that Hall replacing Chromer could be a fresh start and that actually doing a cost analisys will mean they will start negotiating with a clue. But not overly optimistic.

cosmotheassman said:
A good company would match payrates when it acquired another company. If skywest doesn't give you at least what they make, (and fast), I would strike. From a certain point of view, it can be considered discrimination if they don't.

How many ASA guys would be in favor of a paycut so they could match SKYW rates on the 70 seater? 50 seat rates are pretty comparable. This is pretty hilarious considering some folks at SKYW wish they had ASA pay for the 70.

Latest resources

Back