• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA MEC letter

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The posts from Comair pilots continue to ring with the same tone. It almost reminds me of a young man that is struggling with dating a fat girl cause he really wants to but knows the public image will be devestating to his reputation.

I think everyone who posts on here should have to state who they work for, so we can see what is motivating some of these posts.

kc81900 said:
ASA's decent contract wouldn't even be posssible if it were not for the contract that Comair signed after our strike. QUOTE]

Double check your time frame there. You might not be so smug.

kc81900 said:
...our contract as porposed to CMR based on the guarantee of 199 airframes on property...

Ain't no such thing as "a guarantee" in this business. Jusk ask any of the furloughed pilots with a no-furlough clause.

That being said, vote as you wish. It seems simple to me though. You already have the pay rates, why trade 'em for a bigger airplane???

Ego?

MetroSheriff said:
kc81900 said:
That being said, vote as you wish. It seems simple to me though. You already have the pay rates, why trade 'em for a bigger airplane???

Ego?

Pilot's get paid by the seat, don't give up what you already have for a shiny new airframe.

chperplt said:
It doesn't only involve pilots. It involves the FAs and management. Our LOA specifies how much of a freeze management must take and for how long.

Our customer service staff have been on a pay freeze for more than 2 years now as well.

Fred's plan, good or bad, involves everyone.

It should involve everyone! Why should just the pilots get the paycut/payfreeze!

sleepy said:
Sorry, but I believe that the two aircraft DCI sent ASA during your 89 day strike never left the maintenance facility in MCN. I can't imagine that any ASA pilots were excited about sitting in a parked Comair aircraft down in MCN.

Sleepy,
It wasn't my 89 day strike, I'm an ASA pilot. We did fly the CMR aircraft during their strike and we did have a FEW pilots who were glad to get these additional aircraft. I heard them myself in ops. My point was that while CMR had a FEW who may have been "giddy" as you say to grow in ATL, we had a few who were "giddy" to get their aircraft during the strike. We also have a FEW who are "giddy" about growing in CVG. SO WHAT!!!!

This petty tit for tat is absurd. Bob blaiming the CMR MEC is absurd. We should be demanding our union do something to stop the bidding process, or we should just bid like everyone else. Bitching about it, while allowing it to happen, is not leadership. If Bob wants to point fingers at an MEC, I would suggest he point downstairs to the Delta MEC. Oh wait I forgot, that might piss off ALPA and we might lose our funding.

Disgusted ASA ALPA member
CMR pilots (whatever they decide) are NOT the enemy

InclusiveScope said:
Sleepy,
It wasn't my 89 day strike, I'm an ASA pilot. We did fly the CMR aircraft during their strike and we did have a FEW pilots who were glad to get these additional aircraft. I heard them myself in ops. My point was that while CMR had a FEW who may have been "giddy" as you say to grow in ATL, we had a few who were "giddy" to get their aircraft during the strike. We also have a FEW who are "giddy" about growing in CVG. SO WHAT!!!!

This petty tit for tat is absurd. Bob blaiming the CMR MEC is absurd. We should be demanding our union do something to stop the bidding process, or we should just bid like everyone else. Bitching about it, while allowing it to happen, is not leadership. If Bob wants to point fingers at an MEC, I would suggest he point downstairs to the Delta MEC. Oh wait I forgot, that might piss off ALPA and we might lose our funding.

Disgusted ASA ALPA member
CMR pilots (whatever they decide) are NOT the enemy

THE RJDC IS THE ENEMY! And, quit blaming the Delta MEC, they didn't do anything to DCI during the last negotiations, and infact allowed more 70 seat RJs for YOU. They don't control your pay scales. If the market dictates you going cheaper (like it did for us), then that is the way it is. Quit blaming Dalpa. Ridiculous!

Bye Bye--General Lee

I was referring to the decent contract that sleepy is referring to in your current struggle with management

737 Pylt said:
It should involve everyone! Why should just the pilots get the paycut/payfreeze!

The LOA also states that Management will take a 10% paycut until the freeze in over

General Lee said:
THE RJDC IS THE ENEMY! And, quit blaming the Delta MEC Ridiculous!

Bye Bye--General Lee
This "race for the bottom" started when the Delta MEC engineered ALPA apartied scope, by allowing multiple carriers to provide Delta narrowbody lift under Delta's marketing and operational umbrella, with D E L T A painted down the sides of the airplane.

The Delta MEC thought it was a great idea to allow "undesireable" flying to go out to Connection carriers at the lowest possible price to prop up pay and working conditions for the favored pilots performing the "desireable" flying. Only the desireable flying was worth protecting with scope. As long as the little guys beat the crap out of eachother - all the better for you.

I hold ALPA responsible. The Delta MEC acted out of its narrow self interest. But ALPA as "the pilots union" should not have acquiesced.

The problem was not Skywest, or Chautauqua. They are companies filling a market opportunity. The problem was that ALPA forgot a union is supposed to bring together employees to bargain collectively with their employers.

The Connection MEC's are still locked out of negotiations with the party that has operational control of their flying and which controls their wages and working conditions. This is wrong, you know it, and the RJDC is the only effort going about fixing it.

As far as the E170 and your wel placed birdie, perhaps you are getting fed a little birdie crap. Comair already operates a pretty good 70 seat aircraft. What would they need with another? The E170 is one aircraft in a range of aircraft with are operated by pilots with the same type rating. Even you have to admit, your MEC has a very poor track record when it comes to honesty. I've sat four feet away from Mike Pinho and watched him get backed into a corner and admit he had not told the Delta pilots the truth - and watched him explain it away by saying that he was simply "reflecting the mood of the Delta pilots." So when cought telling a lie, he blames his constituency. ( depositions should be fun, fun, fun )

I will admit that I have no well placed Birdie on the E170 issue, but any Pidgeon brain can see that putting another 70 seat jet on the Comair property makes no sense. My crystal ball has been pretty good and when bankruptcy becomes an issue again this fall, you might see management change their tune on the E170.

Grinstein said we would not recognize Delta in a couple of years. We employees will probably more surprised than most folks.

~~~^~~~

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back