• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA MEC draws a line in the sand

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Exactly.. That is why I said at the end to just keep them seperate.... Company isn't going to keep line bidding... Good luck Xjt.

And they certainly are not going to keep flightline untouched. It wasn't appealing to us before....I can't imagine how we'd like it after it gets "fixed". I highly doubt you will either.

And they certainly are not going to keep flightline untouched. It wasn't appealing to us before....I can't imagine how we'd like it after it gets "fixed". I highly doubt you will either.

I wonder why management likes SmartPref more than our Flightline PBS....?

I wonder why management likes SmartPref more than our Flightline PBS....?

Oh, I don't know....maybe because it'll actually solve a fukcing scheduling solution?

But wait, did you just admit that management likes smartpref? You know they system that you said would never work and that company would never accept because you already have a system....remember that John?

Thats ok though John, when you can't argue the facts just throw random shiit against the wall and see what sticks.

disclaimer...it's not anything against flightline however with the programmed work rules the system is constrained from doing it's job thus requires manual manipulation in order to cover the schedule. Don't wanna pis$ off the sabre folks. :)

what is beyond understanding is why you wouldn't want to just tweak a PBS system we already have AND ARE HAPPY WITH...a system with years of experience of every possible loophole management has found....... versus one that has not been tested with our work rules, contract and management team.

i couldnt give a crap if 2 or 10 guys are needed to run it. frankly, I have actually benefited greatly from our guys... if i have a question about vacation bidding, bidding around training events, etc all i had to do was call them or heaven forbid, go to the office and have them walk me through it....

frankly we are tired of it. keep your line bidding... keep your pbs system... keep groups separate.....dont pollute us with your crap

With a JCBA I would hope that there would be some new and improved work rules, vacation changes, training etc. My guess is that with all the changes the years of hard work will go out the window and you would be back to square one. In essence you would be getting a new flightline system. Untested and unknown. Sound familiar?

Oh, I don't know....maybe because it'll actually solve a fukcing scheduling solution?

But wait, did you just admit that management likes smartpref? You know they system that you said would never work and that company would never accept because you already have a system....remember that John?

Thats ok though John, when you can't argue the facts just throw random shiit against the wall and see what sticks.

disclaimer...it's not anything against flightline however with the programmed work rules the system is constrained from doing it's job thus requires manual manipulation in order to cover the schedule. Don't wanna pis$ off the sabre folks. :)

The company likes smartpref because they never like what's good for the pilots.

The lesson you shouldve learned by now is if its what the company wants, it's bad for us. We voted for prefbid outside of a cba knowing if we didn't like it we could vote it out of the next contract. The fact we want to keep it shows its a good system. At the least we would go for your line bidding, but smartpref is being used by the company to deceive the lxjt mec into thinking they have some say...yes they work that way.

And don't pull the lasa kool aid talk. We have never taken a carrot or voted for concessions, even when it meant losing airplanes or furloughs.

Prefbid is the best PBS system period, even dal and swa have shown interest in our system.

The only good thing there would be about getting smartpref is when you see your schedule we will be able to say " we told you so".

Last edited:
PS. Why don't the mecs road show both systems in ALL domiciles, then let the pilots make a true comparison to choose from? The lasa mec showed interest in this, lxjt mec did not. Why?

I have long sits at ORD 7 & 21 am. I'll be on prefbid if any are interested.

Last edited:
The company likes smartpref because they never like what's good for the pilots.

The lesson you shouldve learned by now is if its what the company wants, it's bad for us. We voted for prefbid outside of a cba knowing if we didn't like it we could vote it out of the next contract. The fact we want to keep it shows its a good system. At the least we would go for your line bidding, but smartpref is being used by the company to deceive the lxjt mec into thinking they have some say...yes they work that way.

And don't pull the lasa kool aid talk. We have never taken a carrot or voted for concessions, even when it meant losing airplanes or furloughs.

Prefbid is the best PBS system period, even dal and swa have shown interest in our system.

The only good thing there would be about getting smartpref is when you see your schedule we will be able to say " we told you so".

Just as the ASA MEC chose flight line, the XJT MEC has done the same with smartpref. Who is to say that smartpref won't be liked by the pilots as much or more as flight line is by the ASA pilots?

I'll admit, I didn't care for PBS when it came onto the property. Now, line bidding Nd some antiquated swap/drop window sounds like garbage, as does a globalization type of PBS. I hear nothing but negatives from those who use that type of system. Everyone from junior to senior here have only good things to say about our PBS.

The xjet MEC need to realize we have a great system that works. It's a known quantity. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. This is something I support the ASA MEC on. And I don't often think they have represented us that well in the past.

PS. Why don't the mecs road show both systems in ALL domiciles, then let the pilots make a true comparison to choose from? The lasa mec showed interest in this, lxjt mec did not. Why?

I have long sits at ORD 7 & 21 am. I'll be on prefbid if any are interested.

This is not true. The ASA MEC told management that its either flight line or holding up the merge indefinitely. They have turned down dual tracks, super committees, arbitration, etc. They are not willing to compromise. This is exactly why this thread started. And it's exactly why the company is moving forward without you guys and are negotiating with the one party who is willing to negotiate and leaving the other party to wallow. The company is not negotiating rates for with XJT just for the fun of it. I'm positive they rather just have a jcba but since the ASA MEC has shut that door, they are moving on without you guys.

I'll admit, I didn't care for PBS when it came onto the property. Now, line bidding Nd some antiquated swap/drop window sounds like garbage, as does a globalization type of PBS. I hear nothing but negatives from those who use that type of system. Everyone from junior to senior here have only good things to say about our PBS.

The xjet MEC need to realize we have a great system that works. It's a known quantity. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. This is something I support the ASA MEC on. And I don't often think they have represented us that well in the past.

Problem is that management doesn't want flight line as it exists now. Who is to say you will like what they want to change? As for your first paragraph, many concerns can be addressed and alleviated with easy work rules that work for management and us. It's being done somewhat with smartpref right now. Globalization is not as bad as what you have now in socialization so it shouldn't be a huge issue other than an emotional, irrational fear of change.

Last edited:
Bottom Line= stand still. Pilots are too arrogant and egotastic to give in to any other side, whether it's mgt, or the other pilot group. At this point in the game, it is all about pride, and a change in opinion might be perceived as weakness. Children. Thank you unions for the demise of the American civilization.

Latest resources

Back