• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA may get CR9's?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Don't worry...."No pilot was left behind"......

Don't worry I know 42 who were...

I don't see this displacement standing the way it went down. The bottom line is that the company is now requiring an additional 20 or so CR7 CA slots. Regardless if this is for new aircraft or increased utililization of the ones we have, there is a method for increasing the slots and its called an AWARD and not a bottom filled displacement. I understand that we had a very unique situation in that our higher paying positions were filled with more junior pilots. So rather than excess CR2 CA's flowing back to FO slots, they went to the CR7 CA and those junior CA's were displaced to FO. All that was legal per the contract and done correctly. A displacement must have equal positions available to the displacements. This displacement had listed the only available positions as FO's. The only reason that the 20 or so went to CR7 CA was because that was the junior piece of equipment. If, in fact, there is new flying for us, in whatever, then that needs to be bid on by all.

I guess it should not surprise me that the company, in some way, has messed up every displacement in the last 4 years. I'm sorry, but managing a list of 1700 should not take a full time person to do, and if it did there is no excuse for fouling it up so bad, so often. I understand we are continually redirected by the whims of Delta. If we are so completely out of control of our own interworkings, then what is the point of even having a General Office and all those that work in it?

If we are so completely out of control of our own interworkings, then what is the point of even having a General Office and all those that work in it?

THAT my friend has been a mystery for years. I have never seen a company so mis-managed!

How many times has BM screwed this up? I think we need someone in their who can add and subtract.

701EV

With regards to the difficult issue of staffing an airline...

I have grown tired of trying to make sense of the recent events in my career- congrats, you're promoted! no, you're displaced. oh, you're not displaced, but you can't bid for a line, because you will probably be displaced again soon.

So, I have given up on guessing what is going on here at ASA. Instead, I have been devoting my time to developing a new method for problem-solving, based on examples from ASA's management. It's a simple 5 step process:

1. F*** up
2. Realize I F***ed up.
3. Pretend it didn't happen
4. Don't tell anyone that it happened, or what I intend to do about it.
5. Hope it goes away.

I think this will really work in all areas of flight- e.g., running out of gas, accidentally crossing the runway with someone on short final, landing on the taxiway at the wrong airport, etc....

Surely, if someone needs to know something, they can speculate what is going on until they get it right, or until the whole thing just blows over.

Surely, if someone needs to know something, they can speculate what is going on until they get it right, or until the whole thing just blows over.

Absolutely! That's all this is...speculation to the highest degree!!! We're getting 900's...we're shrinking...the company is letting us down...Alpa is letting us down. Listen...we've been a great customer to Delta...and they continue to recognize that. Last year...we didn't deserve any new planes. We were under strike vote and horrible performers! If we had gotten 900's...no one can disagree that it would not have made any logistical sense from Delta's standpoint! We have once again proven ourselves to be a very loyal companion under the Delta name this year, and we will see some benefits from that. The industry is in turmoil right now...nation-wide, yet we are poised for many opportunities. Our training dept is geared up for 900's, so that if the opportunity arises, we can be flying them in 60 days...or less! We have enought pilots to staff great schedules, or take over more flying from other carriers immediately. I'd love to believe that we have an opportunity to grow...soon. BH has stated...publically that if the company is to screw up...do it in favor of the pilots. We have inteligence running the show now, and he has our best interests in mind. I imagine that if anyone is treated unfairly...BH will correct it...fast! That may mean that a senior 200 Captain gets bypass pay to 700 Captain for a month...but, if that helps the company save some training costs initially to gain the costs to grow...wouldn't that ultimately be worth it? We all live to reactivity, with no foresight as to what may be the big picture. Alpa is working for us to rectify any inadequacies...and our COO wants us to be happy, and wants to take care of us. I don't think that anyone is trying to screw with the pilots...as has happened in the past. If there was a major error...well...BH has gotten rid of people for that kind of stuff already. It's only Wednesday, and by Friday we may know a lot more, or next week. We'll see.

Twin,
Did you see a Pinnacle 900 crash land today? Bounced a couple of times?

Did you hear me reply "got two outta that one Flagship!" On the radio...I was taxining in. I thought he was going to drag the tail! Ouch!

Latest resources

Back