• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA may get CR9's?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Your right, I have a limited background. For the 25 years prior to joining ASA, I counted every job I ever had at every level and it totaled 32. Restaurant, hotel, marine, catering, sales, marketing, medical, insurance,flight instruction, cargo and retail.

32 jobs in 25 years.....maybe you are the problem....I've had 6 in the past 25 years....This one is the best by far....

Your right, I have a limited background. For the 25 years prior to joining ASA, I counted every job I ever had at every level and it totaled 32. Restaurant, hotel, marine, catering, sales, marketing, medical, insurance,flight instruction, cargo and retail. How many companies have you worked for? I stand by my original statement.

And yes... every leg I've ever flown was perfect in every way.

Jackass

Do you seriously believe that you should not hold your company to a higher standard unless you do your own job perfectly?......really

Normally Aviator I agree with your posts, but not this time.

I agree NOW it is better than it was, but we still have one guy at the helm with a bunch of bumbling fools trying to plug all the holes in a leaking ship. The problem is no one knows where all the plugs are and the guy in charge of the mallets forgot to order them!

I've had many jobs outside of aviation too. Some well managed, some not. ASA doesn't even come close to the worst. In fact, vis-a-vis our current position in the industry, I'd guess that we are being managed relatively well.

I just get tired of reading the same crap about how ASA is mis-managed. Just as our operation on the line has improved dramatically, so has the internal operation.

I apologize for being snide, but there's no reason for name calling.

And I wasn't saying that we can't hold our company to a higher standard. There are a lot of people on this board, however, that expect perfection from the G/O. My only point was that you shouldn't expect perfection unless you can demonstrate it yourself. Don't be so sanctimonious!

Capital "M"

Your right, I have a limited background. For the 25 years prior to joining ASA, I counted every job I ever had at every level and it totaled 32. Restaurant, hotel, marine, catering, sales, marketing, medical, insurance,flight instruction, cargo and retail. How many companies have you worked for? I stand by my original statement.

And yes... every leg I've ever flown was perfect in every way.

Jackass

Do you seriously believe that you should not hold your company to a higher standard unless you do your own job perfectly?......really

Normally Aviator I agree with your posts, but not this time.

I agree NOW it is better than it was, but we still have one guy at the helm with a bunch of bumbling fools trying to plug all the holes in a leaking ship. The problem is no one knows where all the plugs are and the guy in charge of the mallets forgot to order them!

IF YOU WERE REALLY A MARINE, YOU WOULD HAVE KNOWN TO CAPITALIZE THE "M." MARINE IS A TITLE, NOT JUST A NOUN. IT IS A TITLE THAT IS EARNED THROUGH DEDICATION AND HARD WORK.

Maybe, just maybe, marine is the industry and not the soldier. I believe that was the context he was speaking in. Thinking a little outside the box and your blood pressure wouldn't be so high.

IF YOU WERE REALLY A MARINE, YOU WOULD HAVE KNOWN TO CAPITALIZE THE "M." MARINE IS A TITLE, NOT JUST A NOUN. IT IS A TITLE THAT IS EARNED THROUGH DEDICATION AND HARD WORK.

Jessep: You want answers?
Kaffee (Tom Cruise): I think I'm entitled to them.
Jessep: You want answers?
Kaffee: I want the truth!
Jessep: You can't handle the truth! Son, we live in a world that has walls. And those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinberg? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago and you curse the Marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives...You don't want the truth. Because deep down, in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall. You need me on that wall.
We use words like honor, code, loyalty...we use these words as the backbone to a life spent defending something. You use 'em as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it! I'd rather you just said thank you and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you're entitled to!
Kaffee: Did you order the code red?
Jessep: (quietly) I did the job you sent me to do.
Kaffee: Did you order the code red?
Jessep: You're goddamn right I did!!

Swabbie? Rust Picker?

Maybe, just maybe, marine is the industry and not the soldier. I believe that was the context he was speaking in. Thinking a little outside the box and your blood pressure wouldn't be so high.

There are other appropriate terms for boat drivers - like swabbie, squid, or rust-picker. Oh, Marines are not "soldiers."

All in fun. Semper Fi.

Latest resources

Back